Sigstr is the world's #1 employee email personalization platform. At Sigstr, we allow marketers to control and personalize content at a 1:1 level in employee email channel. Employee Email is an owned marketing channel that most brands are not taking advantage of. We are changing that. Over the last twelve months our business grew A LOT. And with our new account based marketing functionality and relationship intelligence platform, we are seeing massive demand for this new technology.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you’ll help lead our engineering team to build, test, launch changes and new features to Sigstr’s employee email marketing platform. You will be focused on building software that leverages our unique first-party data to optimize desired business insights for our customers. To excel in this position, you must have a relentless focus on delivering value and exceptional service to our customers, who represent some of the most brilliant marketers and industry-leading brands on the planet, and you must be pragmatic in applying best practices for iterative software development and data engineering.
What You’ll Contribute (Responsibilities)
In this role, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to work on challenging data problems and the ability to surface unique data in our platform through software engineering, including:
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable software including microservices, APIs, integrations and data pipelines that power data models across multiple products & services.
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of SDLC methodologies to ensure high quality software.
- Provide documentation & training to internal stakeholders as well as mentorship to other engineers.
- Help to ensure that a high standard for data privacy, retention, and security is maintained at all times.
- Help us promote an experiment-rich culture that learns fast and innovates faster through small iterations of production-ready testable code.
Tech Stack you will be using includes but is not limited to:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Glue (ETL)
- PostgreSQL (AWS RDS)
- AWS Machine Learning / Sagemaker
What You’ll Need (Required Education / Qualifications)
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Software Engineering / CS / IT major, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience with software design and development
- 3+ years professional experience with enterprise Ruby on Rails development
- Strong engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code within agreed upon delivery timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn existing back-end code (Ruby, Elixir, Node.js).
- Ability to excel in a team setting, contributing to shared projects and code, using JIRA task tracking, Git version control, daily standups, and Kanban based workflow.
- Professional experience with MongoDB and caching systems (eg: Memcached)
- Prior experience with data processing via job queues (eg: Redis, Sidekiq, etc)
- Experience integrating with 3rd party platforms, especially CRM and marketing automation (Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, etc) desired.
- Experience optimizing and scaling enterprise web applications.
- Experience working in and/or managing agile, test-driven development teams.
- Experience working cross-functionally with design and product roles to build & execute against a roadmap.
- Ability to work within a team as well as lead efforts to enhance business goals for our customers, team, and company.
- Drive to hit and exceed both individual and team goals. Celebrate the efforts of yourself & others.
- Commitment to being honest and transparent in everything you do.
- Passionate to learn new things and challenge yourself to try new things.
- Self-starter. You’re the kind of person that sees opportunity and tackles it, and values autonomy.
Employee Email represents one of the precious few “owned” marketing channels, and Sigstr unlocks latent marketing potential en masse. Our SaaS product ensures every email an employee sends (10,000 emails / employee / year) includes a branded signature and a marketing call-to-action. It’s simple to use and drives big returns for our 400+ customers.
We have 50+ of the most talented minds in the Midwest tech-scene working in a highly innovative and collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our office overlooks the circle in downtown Indianapolis.
We expect exponential growth. It’s a scrappy team that digs in wherever needed to help each other and our customers. It’s rare that two days are the same!
Sigstr is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.