Sigstr is the world's #1 employee email personalization platform. At Sigstr, we allow marketers to control and personalize content at a 1:1 level in employee email channel. Employee Email is an owned marketing channel that most brands are not taking advantage of. We are changing that. Over the last twelve months our business grew A LOT. And with our new account based marketing functionality and relationship intelligence platform, we are seeing massive demand for this new technology.
Our product team is proactively seeking engineers with backgrounds in Ruby, Rails, and MongoDB or languages similar to these. We want problem solvers interested in tackling enterprise-level scale, analytics, integrations, security, content serving and everything email. To understand our technology landscape a bit, we work with JIRA, Github, Elixir, AWS, MongoDB, and Redis just to name a few.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll help lead our engineering team to scope, build, test and launch changes and new features to Sigstr’s employee email marketing platform. You will have direct input and impact to our core platform, powering email personalization across a variety of product offerings.
It is important to us to continually be expanding our networks to meet incredible talent that could potentially join us. We do not have an active opening at the moment but could for the right person. Please feel encouraged to connect with us and submit your information!
What You’ll Do
- Ship!: You’ll be a direct contributor to our core engineering team. This tech stack powers our user interface, data models, APIs, and cloud services. You will work directly with other front-end, back-end, and full-stack engineers, as well as product management and our Customer Success team.
- Simple Solutions for Complex Problems: Email signature management can be deceptively complex. You’ll help us optimize a product that simplifies signature creation, management and distribution for some of the world’s largest employers.
- Enterprise Scaling: Sigstr is targeted for enterprise customers. We need your help ensuring that our product is staged for success by being highly scalable and available to millions of users around the world.
- Data Processing: Sigstr works with data about our customers, their employees, their sales prospects, and their email. Our engineering team builds the systems that bring all of this together to power personalized content distribution and email insights.
- Quality Assurance: We maintain a suite of tests that protects our core functionality. Development activities often involve updating and executing tests to ensure basic process are working as expected.
What You’ll Need
An ideal candidate might have the following:
- 2+ years software experience
- Professional experience with MongoDB and caching systems (eg: Memcached)
- Prior experience with data processing via job queues (eg: Redis, Sidekiq, etc)
- Experience integrating with 3rd party platforms, especially CRM and marketing automation (Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, etc)
- Experience optimizing and scaling enterprise web applications.
- Experience working in and/or managing agile, test-driven development teams.
- Experience working cross-functionally with design and product roles to build & execute against a roadmap.
- Self-starter. You’re the kind of person that sees opportunity and tackles it, and values autonomy.
- PLUS! Experience working with microservices, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes is fantastic.
Employee Email represents one of the precious few “owned” marketing channels, and Sigstr unlocks latent marketing potential en masse. Our SaaS product ensures every email an employee sends (10,000 emails / employee / year) includes a branded signature and a marketing call-to-action. It’s simple to use and drives big returns for our 400+ customers.
We have 60+ of the most talented minds in the Midwest tech-scene working in a highly innovative and collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our office overlooks the circle in downtown Indianapolis.
We expect exponential growth. It’s a scrappy team that digs in wherever needed to help each other and our customers. It’s rare that two days are the same!
Sigstr is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.