Interested in a high-growth software-as-a-service (SaaS) business where an entrepreneurial spirit is key? Sigstr is a SaaS platform built to unlock a new channel for marketers to deliver content and drive measurable returns.
Our engineering team is recruiting an experienced Dev Ops Architect to help us build, scale and manage the infrastructure that supports our employee email marketing platform. Sigstr supports some of the world’s largest employers, who require a high-availability service. With the average employee sending 10,000 emails each year, Sigstr powers tens-of-millions of marketing engagements every month.
As our Dev Ops Architect, you’ll have direct ownership over the systems that drive our development, staging and production environments. You’ll work with our engineering team to help optimize our solution and deliver new features, and our customer success team to ensure Sigstr scales for the next big enterprise.
What You’ll Do
- Enterprise Scaling: Sigstr is targeted for enterprise customers. We need your help to stage our product for success by being highly scalable and available to millions of users around the world.
- DevOps Architecture: You’ll have the opportunity to help our engineering team bring solutions to market. We need your help to make the right resources available to support new features, and in managing deployments to ensure seamless releases.
- System Maintenance and Optimization: With a fast-growing user base both domestically and abroad, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the Sigstr service is always available, and maintaining systems over time to ensure peak performance.
- Trusted Security: Sigstr plays in the corporate inbox, which brings a heightened sensitivity to security and intrusion prevention to the table. Infrastructure you manage will secure the data our customers provide and make sure Sigstr stays a trusted provider.
- Simple Solutions for Complex Problems: Email signature management can be deceptively complex. You’ll help us optimize a product that simplifies signature creation, management and distribution for some of the world’s largest employers.
What You’ll Need
Candidate should have the following:
- 5+ years experience deploying and managing AWS systems
- Experience operating and maintaining MongoDB clusters and caching systems (eg: Memcached)
- Prior experience with maintaining and optimizing data processing via job queues (eg: Redis, Sidekiq, etc)
- Experience optimizing and scaling enterprise web applications (Rails, EC2, Load Balancing, DNS)
- Experience operating a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Prior experience working with SMTP & email deliverability.
- Familiarity with system & web monitoring/alerting tools (NewRelic, Sensu, etc)
- Prior experience with log shipping, aggregation, and analysis systems (ELK, TICK, etc)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Salt, Terraform, Chef, etc)
- Self-starter. You’re the kind of person that sees opportunity and tackles it
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Software Engineering / CS / IT major
Employee Email represents one of the precious few “owned” marketing channels, and Sigstr unlocks latent marketing potential en masse. Our SaaS product ensures every email an employee sends (10,000 emails / employee / year) includes a branded signature and a marketing call-to-action. It’s simple to use and drives big returns for our 200+ customers.
We have +25 free-thinkers working in a highly innovative and collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our office overlooks the circle in downtown Indianapolis, and you’ll see our investors and friends from High Alpha (www.highalpha.com) are in the office daily.
We’re looking for leaders, and we’ll need your help to get our young team going in the right direction as well. We expect exponential growth. It’s a scrappy team that digs in wherever needed to help each other and our customers. It’s rare that two days are the same!