Sigstr is a SaaS platform built to unlock a new channel for marketers to deliver content and drive measurable returns.
Our product team is seeking experienced engineers with backgrounds in Ruby, Rails and MongoDB. We’re seeking problem solvers interested in tackling enterprise-level scale, analytics, integrations, security, content serving and everything email.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll help lead our engineering team to scope, build, test and launch changes and new features to Sigstr’s employee email marketing platform. You will have direct input and impact to our core platform, powering email personalization across a variety of product offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Engineering Leadership: You’ll have the opportunity to guide and shape the future of our engineering team and partner relationships. We need solid leadership to manage development priorities, sprints and deployment cycles. You will work directly with our engineering & design teams, VP Product, and CEO.
- Simple Solutions for Complex Problems: Email signature management can be deceptively complex. You’ll help us optimize a product that simplifies signature creation, management and distribution for some of the world’s largest employers.
- Enterprise Scaling: Sigstr is targeted for enterprise customers. We need your help ensuring that our product is staged for success by being highly scalable and available to millions of users around the world.
- Job Queue Processing: Many of our core business functions are implemented via a job queue system. Development tasks frequently involve the creation or modification of background jobs and batch processes.
- Quality Assurance: We maintain a suite of tests that protects our core functionality. Development activities often involve updating and executing tests to ensure basic process are working as expected.
What You’ll Need
Candidate should have the following:
- 5+ years experience in professional Ruby on Rails development
- Professional experience with MongoDB and caching systems (eg: Memcached)
- Prior experience with data processing via job queues (eg: Redis, Sidekiq, etc)
- Experience integrating with 3rd party platforms, especially CRM and marketing automation (Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, etc)
- Experience optimizing and scaling enterprise web applications
- Experience working in and/or managing agile, test-driven development teams
- Experience working cross-functionally with design and product roles to build & execute against a roadmap
- Self-starter. You’re the kind of person that sees opportunity and tackles it
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Software Engineering / CS / IT major
Sigstr is the world's #1 corporate email personalization platform. At Sigstr we are creating the next frontier of Email Marketing. We allow marketers to control and personalize content at a 1:1 level in the Corporate Email Channel. Corporate email is an owned marketing channel that most brands are not taking advantage of. At Sigstr we are changing that. Last year our business grew over 500% and with our new account based marketing tools, we are seeing massive demand for this new technology.
We have 25+ free-thinkers working in a highly innovative and collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our office overlooks the circle in downtown Indianapolis, and you’ll see our investors and friends from High Alpha (www.highalpha.com) are in the office daily.