Sigstr is the world's #1 corporate email personalization platform. At Sigstr we are creating the next frontier of Email Marketing. We allow marketers to control and personalize content at a 1:1 level in the Corporate Email Channel. Corporate email is an owned marketing channel that most brands are not taking advantage of. At Sigstr we are changing that. Last year our business grew over 500% and with our new account based marketing tools, we are seeing massive demand for this new technology.
As the first product owner at Sigstr, you will have the opportunity to shape the product and architectural vision of the company. This will be be a highly technical product management role requiring a strong understanding of product architecture, Email and CRM technologies in the market. This role will be responsible for driving requirements that help our engineering organization select optimal technologies to create personalized email integrations into email clients (Gmail, Outlook, etc), servers (Exchange, O365, GSuite), and customized Enterprise architectures. You will be creating the first frameworks that will help the company integrate to any CRM or Marketing Automation system in a repeatable and scalable manner.
This person will collaborate with the CEO, VP of Product, Engineering leaders, and others to align on and drive the product strategy, roadmap and operations of products with a global mindset. You will be a key player in helping accelerate the growth of Sigstr. Your overarching focus will be on bringing innovative product ideas to market via technology - with a relentless focus on the customers and developers. You bring strong product oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in the world of Email marketing, Email clients and corporate Email systems & architecture. You have experience in campaign management and building out a robust set of marketing tools to empower marketers to leverage customer and employee data to run event-driven marketing campaigns inside of corporate email systems. You understand the ecosystem of partners that will be required to integrate with in order to build this business.
Success will be measured by the overall performance of the product, which will include product performance, stability, strong adoption by customers and high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Establish and drive market and customer requirements that inform the technical strategy and vision for Sigstr products.
- Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics.
- Partner tightly with engineering to ensure alignment between customer requirements and technology decisions.
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements and requirements
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert
- Occasional travel to meet with key customers to understand product needs and issues
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Leader with strong technical skills and demonstrated business acumen.
- Technical background with hands-on software development experience is a must
- Self-starter with ability to lead projects and build new technical products from the ground up independently
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer oriented products to market.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- BA/BS (preferably in a Computer Science related discipline)
- 5+ years product management experience on cloud based enterprise applications and integrated solutions
- Fluency with REST services, Amazon services and Non-Relational databases
- Familiarity and experience with Gmail, Outlook and other email clients
- Familiarity and experience with administration of Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and custom, enterprise mail architectures.
- Experience with CRM, marketing automation and/or cloud computing
- Proven history of delivering software products with visual design and engineering teams
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, or Scrum
- Self-starter, broad thinker, strategic planner, analytical skills