Signpost is intelligent and effective automated marketing for local businesses large and small. Our technology exploits our large proprietary dataset to optimize email and SMS campaigns for our customers and tailors messages to consumers to maximize engagement and drive revenue. Our user experience is felt daily by thousands of local business managers and millions of consumers across the US, and we’re determined to raise our game.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative, and deeply experienced UX designer to build and lead an outstanding design team, redefine our approach to UX, and inform the direction of our constantly-evolving product. The right candidate will be excited by the scope of this challenge and understand that success doesn’t happen by itself. Our product and engineering teams move fast to constantly improve our product for our customers and partners, and the ideal candidate for this role will have the experience and focus to identify what really matters and maintain the right balance between speed of execution and excellence.
As our Senior User Experience Designer we’ll expect you to:
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI specifications for desktop and mobile web
- Create user-centered designs by considering product and market data, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Work with product managers, visual designers, users, and developers to take projects from concept to release
- Design and maintain a consistent, intuitive, responsive experience across our product
- Present work to product, engineering, and leadership teams for review and feedback
- Design and participate in user-centric A/B tests
- Be a tireless advocate for the user
What we expect from you:
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions from the ground up and UI design expertise. Must illustrate solutions to UX challenges with complex workflows and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to communicate with different audiences, including senior leaders
- Experience working directly with developers on design implementation
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture, UI patterns, and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert level knowledge of relevant tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Experience with usability testing, and using the output to drive product design decisions
- Exceptional organization and self-management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), a closely-related field, or equivalent professional experience
We would love for you to have:
- A background in visual or web design
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team
- The curiosity and passion to be relentlessly self-improving
- A tolerance for bad jokes, puns, and far too many custom Slack emojis