Who we are: Thousands of businesses partner with Signpost to manage communications with prospects and customers for the entire lifecycle of the relationship – from lead, to job, to repeat business. Signpost is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced customer success platform expert who can hit the ground running as a part of our recently created Business Operations team! We’ve created this team because as we scale and grow, we need to ensure that the systems that the sales, customer success and marketing teams use grow in terms of ease of use, functionality and productivity. We have also recently invested in a Customer Success platform and need someone who can help us really get it optimized and running smoothly on all four cylinders.
Who you are: The Business Operations team works on two main user platforms: those used by Sales and Marketing and those used by Customer Success. This role is focused on the Customer Success journey and the platforms and teams that support it. It is critical that you are familiar with such systems (e.g Gainsight, Totango, Churnzero). You’re someone who is very adept at Excel (preferably including the use of SQL), always looking for ways to improve and automate reporting and workflows, who loves to get into the details of making things run better, more smoothly and that supports the customer success team in being more effective at providing value and enabling customers to be successful. You’re a passionate teammate who will combine their understanding of customer success software, systems and tooling, with data management and analysis to identify key trends/relationships and recommend projects to optimize customer outcomes and productivity. Maybe you’ve come from a finance background, and have been part of a operations team, maybe you are in a customer success team currently but want to move into operations and are great at systems and looking for a fresh challenge. And you want to do this with a team that is growing and transforming itself with new team members and leaders. If this sounds like you and you have the demonstrable experience - we want to hear from you!
What’s the role all about? The Operations Manager is a part of the Business Operations team, reporting into the VP Business Operations as an individual contributor, partnering with the Customer Success team to deliver value in an efficient and productive manner. They will own the day-to-day administration of Signpost’s Customer Success Systems (which currently include SFDC, Totango and Zendesk), and work with teams to troubleshoot problems, improve workflows, prepare reports and analysis that will help improve the KPIs of the team. We’re looking for that unique blend of someone who is good with data, but also then using that data to make improvements and drive those improvements in systems, workflow and processes, and can help with system adoption using a combination of improving the systems and workflows – ie someone with implementation experience is a plus.
This role is a high value-add business partner to the organization, enabling best in class customer success and retention
What will the Operations Manager be doing?
- Own the end-to-end process of Customer Success plays, metrics and delivering business insights; define and deliver these insights to leadership to help improve Customer Success performance
- Manage the company’s Customer Success systems
- Assist with on-boarding and training new Customer Success talent
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and KPIs
- Partner with Customer Success leadership on performance plans and metrics (such as MRR, client retention, product adoption/ usage metrics, etc.)
What are the qualifications?
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year university
- 3-5 years experience in a Customer Success operations, Customer Success, or similar role
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Strong understanding of Customer Success Systems, (Gainsight/ Totango, Zendesk preferred)
- Ability to understand high-level customer success strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure tactical execution and business impact
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- A detail-oriented mindset and a bias for action
Strong Preference for:
- Experience with BI tools – e.g. Looker
- Experience in a SaaS business
How to apply:
Check out our website and learn about our platform, who we work with, and if our mission piques your interest, and you have the background we are looking for please submit an application.