We are looking for a Business Development Intern to support a team of outbound prospecting Business Development Representatives (BDRs) and partner with cross functional teams. The BDRs are high-energy professionals driven by the desire to understand the problems we solve and connect our platform to those trying to solve those problems. You will assist this team to help make the first impression for Signifyd - at events, via outreach, and in your growing networks.
In this position, you will support a team which generates a sales pipeline of new opportunities, working across the Signifyd Enterprise team to develop relationships with Fortune 500 companies and brands. You will strive to understand ecommerce and the payments layer, applying our platform to solve the unique needs and challenges of key decision-makers across segments. You will research before you execute, and you will execute with precision.
This role reports to the Global Head of Business Development. When successful, interns may be considered for full time roles such as a BDR within Signifyd.
Please note: The first step in the process before interviewing will be a Case Study that should take ~1-3 hour(s), involving two assignments that showcase skills similar to those that you would be using in the internship.
- Daily responsibilities include executing daily tasks and staying on track for projects
- Complete research on target accounts to identify key buying personas, pain points and relevant information to be used in prospecting
- Help craft inMails and email messages
- Outbound call to drive attendance to events and to set meetings
- Become an expert in using Sales Navigator and identifying targets
- Understand and learn how to use Salesforce and Salesloft to increase efficiency and results when prospecting
- Partner with marketing on how to utilize technology to identify hand raisers
- Meet with and learn from cross functional teams
- Complete an internship project to present to senior leadership
- Become a champion of Signifyds products and value proposition
- Desire to learn from sales professionals while building skill set for prospecting
- Desire to deeply understand ecommerce and payments, and relevant players and technology
- Experience building and executing outbound prospecting strategies
- Creative, thoughtful, problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, active listener
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and self-support
- Periodic travel to tradeshows and company-sponsored events
- Preferred expected graduation of Fall 2024 or Spring 2025
Compensation: $20/ hour
Previous Intern Testimonials
"The internship experience provided me with a comprehensive understanding of the business development process and the intricacies of the e-commerce industry. I had the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who were not only knowledgeable, but also passionate about staying at the forefront of industry trends. The mentorship and guidance I received from my colleagues and supervisors were instrumental in my professional growth." -Brian Chung, Business Development Intern (2023)
"With the amazing support from the BDR and sales team I learned how to communicate directly with clients, research accounts effectively, create value propositions, and prospect new contacts. Signifyd helped me develop networking and communication skills beyond what I ever could have imagined. I was able to work on account maps, prospecting, cold calling, emailing, company profiles, account vetting, a vertical cheat sheet, and an analysis of the Adobe campaign results. The environment that managers and upper level executives have created within Signifyd is one of support, diversity, respect, and openness. I left this summer with new communication, time management, professional, and sales skills due to the amazing people at Signifyd who helped me grow into a confident, knowledgeable intern." -Caroline Mitchem, Business Development Intern (2023)
Read more about our Interns' experiences on the Signifyd blog!