As the Risk Analyst Intern, you will join a team of dedicated fraud experts in our Risk Intelligence team who play a pivotal role in fighting fraud and helping our customers succeed. You will be responsible for maximising model performance, reviews of online transactions, providing fraud insights, outwitting fraudsters and supporting key merchants understand their fraud pressures. You will make a big impact to advance the payment risk decisioning to the next level.
The right candidate will be a fraud fighter with a great attitude, willingness to perform, and ability to get things done.
- Analyse large data sets to identify and extrapolate fraud trends & revenue maximisation opportunities. Proposing effective and refined solutions.
- Monitor and optimise merchant performance.
- Identify fraud patterns, trends and emerging threats.
- Produce analytical reports that provide actionable insights on fraud patterns.
- Describe and explain fraud trends to merchants and non fraud departments.
- Identify ideas for new Machine Learning features or rules, working closely with Decision Science teams to improve model performance.
- Keep up to date on the latest fraud trends, researching web (dark and surface) and industry, and suggest counter measures.
- You possess an exceptional ability to make decisions with limited and conflicting information.
- You should have strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- You have strong critical thinking skills with advanced judgment capability
- An ability to manage multiple assignments while working independently.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competent use of G-suite (Doc, Sheets, Slides) /Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Data analytics & end user software (Looker or SQL)
- Strong SQL and Python (or similar) skills to query relational databases
- Experience with data visualization in Looker, Tableau, or equivalent business intelligence tools
- 4 day working week
- 10:00 am - 18:00 pm
To know if we’re a great fit for you, you’ll:
- Be working towards or completed a degree in Business Technology, Business Analytics, Financial Technology, Financial Analytics, Business Economics
- Experience with data analytics & end user software such as Looker or SQL is a bonus but not required
What will you get in return:
- 4 day work-week
- A competitive base salary of £18,000
- A performance related bonus
- 16 days of annual leave plus 8 public holidays
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Have a great setup and working environment to help you do your job
- Take part in (or drive) our social/community events
Application and Interview details:
- Please attach your most up to date CV
- Interviews will take place May 2023
- Start Date: Summer 2023
- Length of Internship: 12 months
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
We want to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.