At Signifyd, we tirelessly focus on preventing fraud for our customers. In order to maximize our attention on fighting fraud, we are strategic in how we build our scalable platform to enable all internal customers to succeed, such as Data Scientists, Fraud analysts, Business intelligence, and Solutions/Application Engineering. It’s critical to select our platform & component architecture to optimize for performance while making the correct tradeoffs for internal operational attention and understanding true total cost of ownership (TCO). We take pride in delivering a platform that contains many large-scale technologies, multiple top-tier cloud providers, and a mix of operational and engineering teams.
Signifyd is seeking a Head of Platform Engineering to set strategy, direction, and manage the Platform Engineering teams. This will involve creating a roadmap and introducing processes, metrics and systems to ensure the team is successful and aligned to the wider goals of the engineering team and business. Platform engineering is multi-faceted as it is responsible for both general infrastructure, specific infrastructure and key platforms, & developer experience. Signifyd is in the process of increasing investment in our underlying core platform to continue to meet the demands of our high profile customers and this role is critical to that success.
The Platform Engineering division works closely with our application engineers to foster a DevOps culture, providing engineers with the tools required to continuously deploy and observe systems in production. Candidates should feel comfortable with both serverless and more self-managed solutions, such as Kubernetes as well as have practical experience running and managing cloud providers.
- Grow and lead multiple teams of highly-engaged managers and engineers by hiring, coaching, and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Build and contribute to a team culture that achieves a well-designed system through a commitment to learning and continuous improvement.
- Lead the vision and roadmap for the Platform Engineering organization by working with your leads, teams and executive partners across the company.
- Clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical internal stakeholders as well as customers.
- Lead and manage a globally distributed team; improve on and champion new processes to enable smooth collaboration across offices and time zones.
- Enable engineering teams to create systems that meet uptime and latency Service Level Objectives while operating in a continuous release environment.
- Oversee and optimize spending on cloud providers and other third-party software tools to ensure cost of goods sold targets are met.
- 7+ years of work experience in leading engineering teams with a deep technical understanding of cloud platforms.
- Significant leadership experience in complex software engineering or technology organizations, ideally as a senior leader.
- Commitment to operational excellence demonstrated by prior experience at a high-availability, continuous deployment company.
- Past experience working with teams distributed across multiple time zones where much communication is written and asynchronous.
- Willing to work hours that facilitate collaboration with globally distributed team members in both Europe and Latin America.
- Excellent people leadership skills with a passion for developing leaders and engineers through coaching and mentoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field (preferred).
- Desirable: previous experience with Databricks and/or GCP.
The annual US base salary range for this role is $212,500 - $275,000 plus bonus, equity, and benefits.
Our posted job may span more than one career level, and offered level and salary will be determined by the applicant’s specific experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits in our US offices:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- Mental wellbeing resources
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag
We want to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.