Signavio by SAP is the leading cloud-based SaaS business transformation and process management company, founded 11 years ago, and based in Berlin. Our international expansion started in 2015 and now, we've opened offices in 10 locations worldwide.
The Principal Tech Lead is responsible for leading all technical aspects of software development including methodologies, feasibility studies, timely delivery, development principles and practices, and quality assurance. In this role, you will be the technical head in a leadership group responsible for multiple autonomous engineering teams.
As an ideal candidate, you have longtime experience in hands-on positions, proven leadership skills, and have realized that you can contribute more value to the business in hands-off activities, providing direction, and serving others.
- Leading the definition of technical vision, strategy, and architecture that provides guidance and ensures the ability to meet business requirements in the mid and long term
- Working closely with People Leads and Product Owners, mentor Lead Engineers in various teams, and report to the SVP Engineering - Process Management & Suite
- Defining, together with Product Owners, a clear visions for all product areas; providing high-level feedback on feasibility and effort in the larger product scope
- Sparring partner and coach for most of the senior engineers in the group; provide in-depth feedback to Senior and Lead Engineers during appraisals
- Ensuring that teams run their services reliably meeting the high expectations of our customers
- Overseeing engineering practices and operational costs, establishing KPIs, and drive constant improvement in quality, effectivity, & efficiency
- Collaborating with Principal Tech Leads and lead engineers of other groups to exchange and align on cross product guidelines, principles and shared technical foundations
- Advising engineering leadership and product owners in the prioritization and planning of upcoming quarters and addressing technical challenges
- Managing processes to address and nominate owners for incident handling, on-call duty, security measures and other operational challenges
- Proven record of technical leadership in engineering teams or across multiple teams
- 10+ years experience in hands-on Software engineering positions, preferably in SaaS companies
- Passion for software products, code & tech, as well as people
- Solid knowledge of and experience with multiple programming paradigms and languages
- Detailed knowledge about software design / architecture principles
- Experience in transforming rather monolithic systems into a micro service architecture
- Expert and evangelist of clean code and TDD practices
- In-depth understanding of Agile values, principles, practices, and the rationale behind them
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and a decisive mind
- Empowering and encouraging attitude
- Self-reflective and fully aware of your talents and limits with respect to tech and professional skills; you know to complement your strengths
- Ability to interact efficiently and effectively with senior management and engineering teams
What we offer
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.