You thrive in a multi-client environment and you want to make an impact in multiple businesses. You have over 6 years of public accounting experience within financial statement audit and a track record of progressive responsibility. You are curious about people, business, and life. You are disciplined in your work and know that success is built on consistency and daily activities. Industry peers recognize you as a leader who cares about outcomes, your clients, and your team. Peers know you as a mentor and contributor first and not just in it for yourself. You are a veracious collaborator working effectively on teams and are comfortable as the leader or as a team member. You have a growth mindset and believe in continuous improvement. You like to both learn from others and share your experience.
This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with business owners and CEOs, key stakeholders, partner firms, and Signature Analytics’ (SA) senior management. As the VP of Finance you will be responsible for driving the success of our clients’ accounting and financial function and helping them improve their businesses to achieve their goals. This is a senior role on the client facing team and a leadership role within SA, working with clients in the Orange County area. Our office is located in Irvine.
Signature Analytics helps businesses improve performance and achieve their goals. We achieve this through expert level accounting and business advisory solutions to growing businesses with revenues of $10 million to $100 million and non-profits with annual budgets greater than $10 million throughout Southern California. We accomplish this by managing their accounting function and financial reporting, so the executive team can focus on their business. SA goes beyond the numbers to help improve business performance and provides visibility into all aspects of the business.
We pride ourselves on being a US-based professional services firm and supporting our clients with our 80+ employees. SA works as a natural extension of their team, tailoring our services to fit their specific business objectives and goals. We have been recognized five times on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies list.
Key Role Characteristics
- Capable Multitasker - Ability to handle multiple projects, deliverables, and teams in parallel
- Project Management - Effective project management skills including managing budgets, resources, client relationships, reporting tools and technologies
- Leader - Autonomously lead, oversee and ultimately be accountable for the success of multiple complex client engagements concurrently
- Technology Focused - leverage cutting edge technology to drive business decisions for clients including AI, business intelligence, dashboards, and the latest accounting SaaS tools
- Strategic Business Advisor - Proactively add value beyond accounting work including analysis and support of operations, sales, human resources, marketing and other higher level financial activities
- Quality Leader – ensure SA process and deliverables are followed and delivered at the highest level of quality and professionalism
- Business Driver - Provide thought leadership of KPIs across various industries to assist clients with the development, implementation and monitoring of KPI’s for their business
- People Development – Mentor and coach both SA’s internal team and our clients’ resources on skill development and career growth
- Business Development - Participate in business development activities with the SA sales team to support SA’s continued growth
- 6+ years of public accounting experience within financial statement audit
- 10+ years of progressive professional experience across multiple industries required
- Curious with a growth mindset
- Collaborator who enjoys working with a team of outstanding professionals
- Project manager that can multitask and keep projects on target
- Mix of public and private accounting experience preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment
- Adept with technology (accounting platforms, MS 365, SAAS platforms, etc.)
- Strong executive presence and ability to build rapport and establish trust with senior executives, team members and partners
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Experience presenting complex materials in a succinct manner to drive effective decision making
- Commitment to continuous training and improvement of yourself and your colleagues