Signature Analytics provides expert level accounting and business advisory solutions to small and middle-market businesses throughout Southern California and beyond. We accomplish this by managing your accounting function and financial reporting, so you don't have to. From there, we go beyond the numbers to help improve business performance and achieve your goals by focusing on forward-looking activities, direction, and strategy.
We pride ourselves on being a US-based professional services firm and support our clients working as a natural extension of their team, tailoring our services to fit their specific business objectives and goals. We've been recognized five times on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies list and as one of the Best Places to Work nationwide.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Accountant with a great personality and excellent interpersonal communication skills that will assist with the accounting functions for a handful of our clients in San Diego. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and view challenges as opportunities to impact organizational change.
- Oversee and perform the day-to-day and monthly financial close processes, including financial reporting, cash management, and project reporting as needed
- Train and supervise the Staff and Junior Staff Accountants on assigned engagements, including the review of: bank reconciliations, any uncleared deposits/checks, coding of month-end close journal entries, balance sheet schedules, flux analysis, payroll, and all accounting entries, including general journal, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cash
- Act as a main client-facing point of contact for day-to-day troubleshooting
- Review workpaper information for external auditors and to comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Communicate with any outside Tax CPA's and Auditors on behalf of the client
- Perform complex or high-risk month-end close tasks (ex. revenue recognition)
- QA/QC and/or prepare monthly financial deck and add variance analysis notes, add graphs, and key data. Can include financial analysis (ex. notes/commentary about current month numbers, trends, cash flow forecasts and revenue forecast)
- Assist with accounting software implementations by providing chart of accounts, provide year end balances, vendor lists etc.
- Assist with managerial reporting such as cashflow forecast and budget analyses
- Prepare In Process Review (IPRs) documents for the leads to provide to the clients
- Prepare and process payroll
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Mix of public and private accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent) required
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and G Suite
- Experience with Sage, Salesforce, Bill.com, Expensify, or in-house accounting software for AP/AR a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to various accounting software quickly is essential
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise judgment in a client-facing environment
- Professionalism in all forms of communication
IT’S A PERKS PARTY!!
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive Salaries
- Excellent Benefits; Health, Vision, Dental
- Clear career path
- Company outings such as a day at the horse races, baseball games, and frequent happy hours
- Employee and client referral bonuses
- CPA and CPE reimbursement program
- Mileage reimbursement
We are more than just an accounting firm. We are thought leaders, trusted advisors, and industry experts. If you want to be a part of our growth during this exciting time please apply online today!