Signature Analytics provides expert level accounting and business advisory solutions to small and middle-market businesses throughout Southern California and beyond. We accomplish this by managing your accounting function and financial reporting, so you don't have to. From there, we go beyond the numbers to help improve business performance and achieve your goals by focusing on forward-looking activities, direction, and strategy.
We pride ourselves on being a US-based professional services firm and support our clients working as a natural extension of their team, tailoring our services to fit their specific business objectives and goals. We've been recognized five times on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies list and as one of the Best Places to Work nationwide.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accounting Manager with a great personality and excellent interpersonal communication skills that will assist with the accounting functions for a handful of our clients in San Diego. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and view challenges as opportunities to impact organizational change.
- Lead or co-lead, oversee and ultimately be accountable for the success of multiple client engagements concurrently
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Lead, mentor, train and supervise accounting staff members on engagements to ensure delivery of accurate, relevant and timely financial information, in addition to the staff member’s overall success and professional development
- Ensure proactive and efficient management of client engagements via critical activities such as: forecasting resource hours in line with the scope and budget; managing internal communication, budget, and workflow; authorizing billable hours/charges and timely invoicing of clients; project planning, resource management and adherence to deadlines
- Review, supervise, and perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, and project reporting as needed
- Address and resolve client needs that arise from initiatives, challenges, and risks such as key personnel succession, cash flow management, mergers and acquisitions, financial statement audits, ERP implementations, changes in operations or revenue streams, and finance function transformation
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and projections as needed
- Prepare annual budgets and monitoring against actual results
- Assist client with the development and monitoring of KPIs for tracking actual results against benchmarks
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Occasionally participate in Business Development activities such as assisting with client scoping
- Coordinate with third parties on behalf of the client, such as HR/Payroll, brokers, financial institutions, external auditors, tax CPAs and any other third party (ex. work with tax CPA to manage timely and accurate tax filing process)
- Assist CFOs on financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- 4-6 years of progressive professional experience required
- 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Client service / consulting experience strongly preferred
- Mix of public and private accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent) required
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and G Suite
- Experience with Sage, Salesforce, Bill.com, Expensify, or in-house accounting software for AP/AR a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to various accounting software quickly is essential
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise judgment in a client-facing environment
- Professionalism in all forms of communication
- Willingness to train, mentor and develop junior staff
- Preference for collaborative team environments
IT’S A PERKS PARTY!!
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive Salaries
- Excellent Benefits; Health, Vision, Dental
- Clear career path
- Company outings such as a day at the horse races, baseball games, and frequent happy hours
- Employee and client referral bonuses
- CPA and CPE reimbursement program
- Mileage reimbursement
We are more than just an accounting firm. We are thought leaders, trusted advisors, and industry experts. If you want to be a part of our growth during this exciting time please apply online today!