Signal Advisors is on a mission to solve the retirement crisis. 69% of Americans do not work with a financial advisor today and only a quarter of Americans have a financial plan. Our team is reimagining a 60-year old industry—bringing new technologies, comprehensive services, and an inspired vision to financial advisors. Supported by our incredible investors, we’ve grown from a small Detroit-based team in 2020 to over 120 team members distributed across the country. 

We are: Empowering Leaders. Client Advocates. Entrepreneurial Champions.

Our team is a blend of industry experts and technologists building a better business, together. We’re in it for the long haul. Are you looking to be part of a dedicated, distributed team where you can architect your impact and shape the company’s vision? Join us at Signal! 

Content Marketing Manager

We are looking for a creative and enterprising Content Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team! This position will be responsible for developing and executing content strategies that drive engagement. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and an amazing storyteller who inspires others. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and love to collaborate with others to build new things.

If you are seeking a new career opportunity to own the brand voice for a highly-successful company who is reinventing an industry - let’s talk!

WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO

• Own the content strategy, creation, and standards of the Signal brand
  • Guide project management of content projects from ideation to completion
  • Partner with sales to develop engaging and informative content that targets the needs of financial advisors
  • Drive, test, learn, and optimize approach to content development where you’ll make data-driven decisions on the topics, tone, language, and delivery of content
  • Work with key members of the Marketing team to develop and manage content programs through the entire project lifecycle, including strategy, planning, execution and reporting
  • Own and develop key messaging that addresses the needs and pain points of our client personas
  • Create and direct a variety of content, from case studies and thought leadership articles to sales emails, brand ads, and social media

WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS

🗒️  Project Manager

You are able to skillfully manage competing priorities and breakdown high-level goals into more bite-size, achievable actions with a high-organized approach.

📚  Storyteller

You translate complex concepts, data, and problems from various sources into a compelling, concise, and actionable story. You’ll need to effectively communicate with and influence a wide range of stakeholders with your storytelling capabilities.

🎯  Purposeful & Proactive

You don’t do something just because. You can clearly articulate the rationale behind your work. You are proactive and seek out feedback to iterate on your work.

🤝  Collaborative

You understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, and you celebrate opportunities to reach out and work together cross-functionally and with people from diverse backgrounds.

MUST HAVES

• 5 or more years of experience in a content-specific marketing role
  • Superior writing ability, with command of the English language and grammar
  • Able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
  • Financial or insurance industry experience
  • Experience in cross functional collaboration with key drivers and SMEs across the organization
  • Expertise in developing and deploying effective brand content strategy
  • Experience writing for a variety of digital and print media, including web, print ads, email, brochures and video
  • Ability to effectively build strong relationships to influence and gain consensus with peers and leaders
  • Ability to think strategically and translate the big picture into deliverables in a fast-paced environment
  • Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome

WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL

🌔  We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.

💯  We own it. Taking things from 0 to 1, and then from 1 to 100.

🪄  We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.

🏃  We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.

👀  We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.

🏈  We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.

🧭  We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.

💪  We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.

We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add Another Education

Demographic Questions

At Signal Advisors, we value belonging and believe in fostering an environment where a diversity of perspectives can thrive. This core value is a pillar of our business and critical to our success. Your responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us identify areas of improvement in our process. Your responses will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as: *

I identify as transgender: (Select one) (Select one) *

I identify my sexual orientation as: *

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply): *

Veteran Status (Select one) *

I have a physical disability: (Select one) *