Signal Advisors is on a mission to solve the retirement crisis. 69% of Americans do not work with a financial advisor today and only a quarter of Americans have a financial plan. Our team is reimagining a 60-year old industry—bringing new technologies, comprehensive services, and an inspired vision to financial advisors. Supported by our incredible investors, we’ve grown from a small Detroit-based team in 2020 to over 120 team members distributed across the country. 

We are: Empowering Leaders. Client Advocates. Entrepreneurial Champions.

Our team is a blend of industry experts and technologists building a better business, together. We’re in it for the long haul. Are you looking to be part of a dedicated, distributed team where you can architect your impact and shape the company’s vision? Join us at Signal! 

Case Design Coordinator, Annuities

As a Signal Advisors Case Design Coordinator (emphasis on fixed and fixed index annuities), you are accountable for delivering guidance to top insurance producers as they work to provide solutions to their clients. At its core, this position requires a deep knowledge of annuities, income planning strategies, and how annuities can fit in a client's broader financial plan. In addition to general product and planning questions, you would be accountable for evaluating financial circumstances and assessing client needs to provide thoughtful options to Signal’s insurance producers.

WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO

• Help to assess the appropriate product and strategies for an agents customer based on their financial needs and circumstances

• Develop unique and differentiated annuity strategies to differentiate Signal’s practice and provide agents additional value

• Identify the annuity product landscape and appropriate application of different fixed and fixed indexed annuities

• Create product proposals and illustrations using Excel, carrier tools, and other similar software to recommend products to producers

• Educate the internal Signal Advisors team and its producers on product changes and new offerings

• Identify and evaluate trends related to producer requests and customer asks

• Build relationships with key financial advisors through the advisors outreach to the Signal Advisors Case Design team

WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS

🔄  Accountable

Our teams at Signal are small but mighty—we expect team members to work freely, grab the jump ball, and get it past the finish line. Receiving & giving feedback is crucial to accountability. You should be someone that’s comfortable with a culture of continuous feedback.

💁  Customer Centric

You’re obsessed with creating an unparalleled customer experience. You spearhead with compassion, anticipate customer needs and wants, and bring ease and calm to all interactions—knowing every customer interaction is an opportunity to amaze.

🤔  Problem Solver

Working at a startup is rife with obstacles. These obstacles invigorate you! When you come up against friction or roadblocks, you demonstrate excellent problem solving skills—exploring creative solutions and taking ownership to keep moving forward.

🤝  Collaborative

You know how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, and you celebrate opportunities to reach out and work as a team cross-functionally and with people from diverse backgrounds.

MUST HAVES

• Working understanding of annuity products and desire to be in case design (experience on the Case Design team at an IMO is preferred)

• CFP, RICP or other planning designation is a plus

WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL

🌔  We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.

💯  We own it. Taking things from 0 to 1, and then from 1 to 100.

🪄  We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.

🏃  We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.

👀  We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.

🏈  We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.

🧭  We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.

💪  We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.

We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add Another Education

Demographic Questions

At Signal Advisors, we value belonging and believe in fostering an environment where a diversity of perspectives can thrive. This core value is a pillar of our business and critical to our success. Your responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us identify areas of improvement in our process. Your responses will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as: *

I identify as transgender: (Select one) (Select one) *

I identify my sexual orientation as: *

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply): *

Veteran Status (Select one) *

I have a physical disability: (Select one) *