This role will be a leadership position in the data science group at Sigmoid.
An ideal person will come from a services industry background with a good mix of experience in solving complex data analytics problems, team management, delivery management and customer handling. This position will give you an immense opportunity to work on challenging business problems faced by fortune 1000 companies across the globe. The role will report directly to the Chief Analytics Officer and will be responsible for a part of her/his team and customers.
The person is expected to be someone who can contribute in developing the practice with relevant experience in the domain, nurturing the talent in the team and working with customers to grow accounts. He / She will also be an integral part of the core group which will work towards
the growth of the company.
● Help manage a team of Data Analysts in the company
● Within the client services space you would be required to deep dive into the customer problem and identify use cases that could represent an opportunity to develop scalable and business ready data analytics platforms
● You will partner with the firm wide Data Engineering and other teams to develop and deploy production quality code and help establish a governance for the sustained performance and outcome of developed platforms
● Help recruiting and onboarding team members; directly manage 15 - 20 team members
● You would be required to own customer deliverables and ensure, along with project managers, that the project schedules are in line with the expectations set to the customers
Experience and Qualifications
● 15+ years of overall experience with a minimum of 10+ years in data analytics execution.
● Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
● Highly analytical with the ability to collate, analyze and present data and drive clear insights to lead decisions that improve KPIs.
● Ability to effectively communicate and manage relationships with senior management, other departments and partners.
● Experience in Python, pyspark will be an advantage
● Experience working with AWS Big Data Technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3), GCP stack, Azure etc. will be an added advantage
● Experience in at least one visualization platform such as Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, Metabase, or ReDash.
● Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize the key finding