As a Technical Project Manager, you will be leading a team to build a highly-scalable and extensible big data platform that provides the foundation for collecting, storing, modeling, and analyzing massive data sets from multiple channels.
- Align Sigmoid with key Client initiatives
- Interface daily with customers across leading Fortune 500 companies to understand strategic requirements
- Connect with CIO, VP and Director level clients on a regular basis.
- Travel to client locations
- Ability to understand business requirements and tie them to technology solutions
- Build a delivery plan with domain experts and stay on track
- Design, develop and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using Big data technologies.
- Excellent experience in Application development and support, integration development and data management.
- Build team and manage it day to day basis
- Play the key role of hiring manager to build the future of Sigmoid.
- Guiding developers in day to day design and coding tasks, stepping in to code if needed.
- Define your team structure, Hire and train your team as needed
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technology to ensure the greatest ROI for customer & Sigmoid
- Hands on coder with good understanding on enterprise level code
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Experience in defining technical requirements, data extraction, data transformation, automating jobs, productionizing jobs, and exploring new big data technologies within a Parallel Processing environment
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to think unconventional / out:of:box.
- Analytical and data driven orientation.
- Raw intellect, talent and energy are critical.
- Entrepreneurial and Agile : understands the demands of a private, high growth company.
- Ability to be both a leader and hands on "doer".
- 10+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
- Experience in Architecture and delivery of Enterprise scale applications.
- Experience in agile methodology
- Development and support experience in Big Data domain
- Architecting, developing, implementing and maintaining Big Data solutions
- Experience with database modeling and development, data mining and warehousing.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Oozie, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kerberos, KAFKA, etc)