About The Role
We are looking for a technical manager to lead a team of engineers working with data and graph visualization.This role is an in person role, based in our SF HQ and will report into our director of engineering.
Visualizing and laying out data is core to Sigma's product. You will lead the Data Visualization team to make it simpler for our users to gain and present insights.
Your greatest responsibility would be to mentor the engineering team members and unlock their vast potential by challenging them to step outside of their comfort zone, whether reimagining traditional business intelligence or developing thoughtful analytics capabilities. You will work in a fast-paced environment where you will deliver rapidly against our roadmap.
- Use your technical expertise to help the team make decisions around engineering, product, and design.
- Collaborate with departments - backend, frontend, design, product, customer support, sales and marketing to understand requirements for thoughtful features that deliver high customer value.
- Manage execution and delivery of roadmaps, and communicating status to the wider org.
- Grow the team through mentoring and hiring engineers.
- Have strong computer science fundamentals and experience with data visualization.
- Have 5+ years of technical experience and 2+ years of people management experience.
- Are opinionated and have great product sense.
- Hire, build, and develop high performing engineers
- Are curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrated technical architecture and engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Love working with world-class engineers, product managers, and architects
Additional Job details
The base salary range for this position is $220k - $300k annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work at Sigma Computing. This role is eligible for stock options, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment in both of our SF & newly opened NYC office.