Sigma unlocks the value of data by delivering cloud-scale analytics and business intelligence with the simplicity of a spreadsheet, complete with pivot tables and dashboards. We empower business professionals and data teams to quickly explore, analyze, visualize, and collaborate, leveraging all of their data across the organization.
Our internship program at Sigma:
Sigma’s early career program is the launchpad for the next generation of engineers and innovators. As an Intern at Sigma, you’ll work on various production features and learn efficient engineering for large scalable systems. Our interns connect directly with our engineers, product leaders, and designers across the organization everyday. We’re looking for students who bring curiosity, a spirit for collaboration, and a desire for shaping the future of business insights and data visualization.
Internship Program Qualifications:
- Current student:
- You must be currently enrolled in a university undergraduate or graduate degree program in the U.S with a graduation date of December 2023 or later
- Able to intern from June 2023 through early September 2023
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US during the Summer 2023 program
- Visa sponsorship is not available for our internship positions, but we welcome applicants on a student visa (with authorization to work in the U.S.) to apply
- Located within the San Francisco Bay Area or New York, NY during the internship. Relocation assistance will be provided for students who will need to relocate for Summer.
- Able to work 40 hours per week (full-time) in a hybrid work model with a minimum of 3 days in office for in person collaboration with our team
Please note that our application deadline is February 6, 2023
About the role:
Sigma’s Engineering organization is a dynamic, inclusive team of Software Engineers who complement each other's skills. Our Engineers design and implement solutions that power our core product and enable our users to make data driven decisions. As a Software Engineering Intern at Sigma, you will experiment, prototype, and implement features that help our global user base analyze and gather insights from their data. During your internship, you’ll partner directly with your engineering mentor, as well as collaborate with other teams across the business. From UX Design, Product Managers, Sales, and, of course, actual users, you will collaborate across the company to determine the best solution. Interns will take their project from ideation through implementation, iterating and gathering feedback along the way. As an intern, you will deploy features and gather insights from customer metrics to aid you in making better development decisions and improve your business acumen.
During your internship you will:
- Learn how to build production software and understand how large Single Page Applications are built and extended with the user experience top of mind
- Experience how backend scales to handle multiple customers and billions of data points while keeping user information secure
- Gain an understanding of how to own a development project from beginning to end
- Develop automated unit tests to get the relevant code coverage and work with product owners and techpubs to document your work
- Partner with other Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers
- Design and deliver innovative solutions to improve the Sigma user experience by implementing new features into our product
- Find new ways to optimize the performance of one or more components of the product
What we’re looking for:
- Applicants must be pursuing at least a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excited to learn and build complex user interfaces, data visualizations, or backend systems
- Have a drive and desire to navigate unknowns, after all, that’s what unlocks realizations
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Able to commit 40 hrs a week for 12 weeks
- Ready to start work full-time by Spring 2024 (preferred)
Additional Job details
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment in both of our SF & newly opened NYC office.