About the Role
Do you excel at building relationships and enjoy bringing go-to-market (GTM) strategies to life? If so, you may be a great fit for our Senior Alliance Manager role. The Sigma Sr. Alliances Manager for Databricks will play a critical role in growing our newest partner. This role will ensure we are strategically and tactically aligned to any and all programs, initiatives, and teams at Databricks. The role will report into the Sr. Director of Technology Partnerships and will be expected to sit out of our San Francisco office.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape an emerging alliance and be part of a strategic and growing practice.
What you will do:
- Own and implement the Databricks Partner strategy through field, rep-to-rep support as well as top-down corporate initiatives (industries, workloads) to make Sigma a top tier self serve analytics partner of Databricks
- You will help accelerate Databricks and the partner's adoption within new opportunities and use case expansion
- Evangelize and promote the Sigma Effect on Databricks to promote differentiation and a greater amount of sourced revenue (to and from Databricks)
- Own the day-to-day, tactical relationship to serve the needs of both Databricks & Sigma Field teams
- Network, connect, enable, and serve the North American Databricks Sales and Sales Engineering Leadership & teams with enablement sessions, collateral, & appreciation events
- Build and deliver co-sell programs into the market that differentiate Sigma to the field teams at Databricks
- You will create and foster executive level relationships at all levels within the partnership
- Bring co-Marketing opportunities back to the Sigma Marketing team that result in highly relevant events that drive pipeline
- Be a liaison between Databricks & Sigma Product teams to ensure alignment of product features and innovation
- In partnership with the Sigma Partner Sales Engineering team, work with Databricks Sales Engineering team to develop solutions that result in technically enabling Databricks team to reduce sales cycles
What we are looking for:
- Sales DNA and a deep passion for being curious - always diving deeper to uncover how we can better partner and differentiate Sigma to generate new opportunities
- Team Player that supports and works with internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Data and outcome driven
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years focused on alliance management or equivalent experience working with vendors
- Working knowledge of in enterprise infrastructure, cloud, and analytics space
- A genuine interest in the Modern data stack and Cloud ecosystem
- Verbal - including presentation abilities - and written communications skills
- Experience fostering and driving relationships within the relevant business lines of your alliance
- Ability to travel 5-50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
Additional Job details
The base salary range for this position is $160k - $180k annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work at Sigma Computing. This role is eligible for stock options, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment in both of our SF & newly opened NYC office.