About the Role
As Senior Director, Content Marketing, you’ll be responsible for driving the overall strategy, vision, and success of Sigma’s product marketing function. You’ll grow and manage a team that develops messaging architecture, product launches, sales enablement and communication by persona. You will drive inbound pipe generation, outbound campaigns, sales enablement, and other high-growth initiatives.
Responsibilities & Impact
- Develop the Product Marketing Strategy for Sigma Workbooks to translate into compelling marketing pillars. Collaborate with various teams to conduct research, understand the problem statement and dive into analysis to determine the needs of the buyer and develop content for use in GTM and campaigns.
- Build a World-Class team as a Player/Coach: Develop and evangelize your team members, develop strong career paths, and coach and work alongside them to be the PMMs they can be.
- Be THE Cloud Analytics Expert for Marketing: Clearly understand and help bring to life the problems our product solves with messaging, strategy, and roadmap. This should translate into presentations, demos, webinars and blogs in a simple and digestible .
- Product Launches: Lead the marketing effort to support new product launches through partnerships across PR, Analyst Relations, Campaigns, Enablement, Go-To-Market Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Product Management.
- Lead and partner with Go-to-Market, Customer, Content, Field and Marketing Teams: Work cross-functionally to define customer story needs, sales plays, enablement efforts, and other go-to-market needs
- Inclusion -- The candidate will always strive for equality, fairness, and inclusion in everything they do.
- Team Alignment -- The candidate will align with cross-functional teammates and demonstrate a commitment to their success through a high level of collaboration.
- Agility & Speed -- The candidate can work fast in a dynamic environment, supporting others as plans or strategies change, recognizing that the enemy of good is perfect.
- Innovation -- The candidate will thrive in innovating as much in the marketing messages they build as they do in the marketing operations we create and support.
- Customer Success -- The candidate will focus on customer success in everything they do, to bring industry solutions stories to life, to validate our use case prioritization, and to celebrate and thank customers for supporting us.
- Impact -- The candidate strives for impact, not an activity, in the plans they create and the work they deliver.
- Beginner’s Mind -- The candidate has a passion for continued learning and regularly challenges assumptions
Required Skills / Experience
- 10+ years experience in product marketing at a Data, BI or Analytics company , or similar. Experience with high-growth startups is a plus.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution.
- Experience doing analyst relations and customer facing engagements
- Dynamic, confident personality with the ability to successfully define and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals.
- Proven ability to present effectively in front of internal, external, and global executive audiences.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work well cross-functionally with a focus in product management and the field
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
Sigma is a SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
At Sigma, we believe every person has unique domain expertise that they bring to the table. Our mission is to give everyone the technical abilities to leverage their expertise to drive their business decisions. This idea is fundamental to who we are and how we collaborate and treat each other. We believe we are Smarter Together and what each person brings to the table helps make us (and our company) stronger. How we do this internally is through transparency and Fearless Communication. We explain, we speak up, and we all have the opportunity to contribute to the company. With that communication, we Assume Best Intent and know thats how we approach each other and our customers is with a common goal. We are Curious & Constructive in looking at how we can make our product, company, and community better. With all of these Company Values, we Aim for Greatness, we have big goals that we keep hitting and we continue to reassess how we can set those goals even higher. Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have safely reopened our office and are following San Francisco and CDC guidelines. As part of our return to the office, we are requiring all employees to provide proof they are fully vaccinated and ask all visitors to the office to be fully vaccinated as well. We are growing and moving fast and believe that we are only able to do that by learning from each other in person. We are committed to the health and safety of our community and are constantly monitoring any changes to city guidelines.