About the Role:
We are rapidly growing and want you to join the world-class research team we are forming. Research Scientists at Sigma will develop novel methods and systems to improve every aspect of business intelligence and data exploration for all, shaping the future of Sigma as well as scalable interactive data analytics.
What you will be doing:
- Devise and execute a research agenda to improve the product.
- Develop effective solutions to research problems with direct product impact.
- Work with Sigma teams and customers to deploy research solutions to benefit the ever growing number of Sigma users.
- Communicate research findings and developments, engaging with the broader community as a leader.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Track record of independent thinking and producing high impact research artifacts, including but not limited to publications, novel systems, and open source software.
- Experience in one or more of Data Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Retrieval, Visual Analytics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or Programming Languages.
- Programming proficiency to rapidly turn research ideas into software prototypes.
We are looking for people that are excited to grow and constantly ask how we can do things better. If you are excited about the opportunity, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy 100% of the job requirements.
To get started, submit your application through our job posting. We review the resumes quickly that we receive but sometimes there are a lot of applications so please be sure that the relevant information on your resume stands out.
Every interview process might be a slightly different but generally you can expect the process to look like this:
- We expect the entire process to take no more than 2 weeks depending on your availability
- Two research interviews
- One research talk
- Two interviews focusing on programming skills
Additional Job details
The base salary range for this position is $150k - $200k annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work at Sigma Computing. This role is eligible for stock options, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment in both of our SF & newly opened NYC office.