About the Role:
We are rapidly growing and want you to join the world-class research team we are forming. Research Scientists at Sigma will develop novel methods and systems to improve every aspect of business intelligence and data exploration for all, shaping the future of Sigma as well as scalable interactive data analytics.
What you will be doing:
- Devise and execute a research agenda to improve the product.
- Develop effective solutions to research problems with direct product impact.
- Work with Sigma teams and customers to deploy research solutions to benefit the ever growing number of Sigma users.
- Communicate research findings and developments, engaging with the broader community as a leader.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Track record of independent thinking and producing high impact research artifacts, including but not limited to publications, novel systems, and open source software.
- Experience in one or more of Data Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Retrieval, Visual Analytics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or Programming Languages.
- Programming proficiency to rapidly turn research ideas into software prototypes.
We are looking for people that are excited to grow and constantly ask how we can do things better. If you are excited about the opportunity, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy 100% of the job requirements.
To get started, submit your application through our job posting. We review the resumes quickly that we receive but sometimes there are a lot of applications so please be sure that the relevant information on your resume stands out.
Every interview process might be a slightly different but generally you can expect the process to look like this:
- We expect the entire process to take no more than 2 weeks depending on your availability
- Two research interviews
- One research talk
- Two interviews focusing on programming skills
Sigma is a SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
At Sigma, we believe every person has unique domain expertise that they bring to the table. Our mission is to give everyone the technical abilities to leverage their expertise to drive their business decisions. This idea is fundamental to who we are and how we collaborate and treat each other. We believe we are Smarter Together and what each person brings to the table helps make us (and our company) stronger. How we do this internally is through transparency and Fearless Communication. We explain, we speak up, and we all have the opportunity to contribute to the company. With that communication, we Assume Best Intent and know thats how we approach each other and our customers is with a common goal. We are Curious & Constructive in looking at how we can make our product, company, and community better. With all of these Company Values, we Aim for Greatness, we have big goals that we keep hitting and we continue to reassess how we can set those goals even higher. Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have safely reopened our office and are following San Francisco and CDC guidelines. As part of our return to the office, we are requiring all employees to provide proof they are fully vaccinated and ask all visitors to the office to be fully vaccinated as well. We are growing and moving fast and believe that we are only able to do that by learning from each other in person. We are committed to the health and safety of our community and are constantly monitoring any changes to city guidelines.