About the Role
We are growing the engineering team and looking for engineers who are eager to solve complex frontend challenges in our product. Your role will be focused around defining the technical direction in our frontend and providing web ecosystem for our product. You will report to the Director of Engineering and will work together with the experienced team of frontend engineers.
What You Will Do
- You will build the underlying architectural foundation for the main company's product.
- You will work on large frontend projects which improve the product performance and make the engineers more productive.
- You will set the frontend trends, determine the technical stack on UI and lead the change on our frontend (and possibly backend).
- As a member of the frontend team you will work closely with our product, UX design, and backend development teams.
- You will develop new features and technologies that make our UI better and radically simplify the user experience for non-technical users.
- You will mentor and support the other engineers in the company
Qualifications We Need
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience driving large frontend infrastructure projects for the engineering team
- Experience building fast and reliable web applications
- Passion for building products with great user experience
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- Experience building or interest in learning systems for data analytics
- Experience building or interest in learning cloud services
- Startup experience
Sigma is a SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
At Sigma, we believe every person has unique domain expertise that they bring to the table. Our mission is to give everyone the technical abilities to leverage their expertise to drive their business decisions. This idea is fundamental to who we are and how we collaborate and treat each other. We believe we are Smarter Together and what each person brings to the table helps make us (and our company) stronger. How we do this internally is through transparency and Fearless Communication. We explain, we speak up, and we all have the opportunity to contribute to the company. With that communication, we Assume Best Intent and know thats how we approach each other and our customers is with a common goal. We are Curious & Constructive in looking at how we can make our product, company, and community better. With all of these Company Values, we Aim for Greatness, we have big goals that we keep hitting and we continue to reassess how we can set those goals even higher. Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have safely reopened our office and are following San Francisco and CDC guidelines. As part of our return to the office, we are requiring all employees to provide proof they are fully vaccinated and ask all visitors to the office to be fully vaccinated as well. We are growing and moving fast and believe that we are only able to do that by learning from each other in person. We are committed to the health and safety of our community and are constantly monitoring any changes to city guidelines.