About the role
We are growing the UX, Design & Research team and are looking for a UI Designer who envisions and executes a design system that enables us to build amazing product experiences in a rapid and scalable way. In this role, you will work with designers, researchers, and engineers to design and implement Sigma’s design system at scale. You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team whose shared mission is to make data analytics highly usable and easily accessible to non-technical users.
What You Will Be Doing
- Establishing and maintaining Sigma’s design system as the single source-of-truth, freeing up designers and engineers to spend more time doing higher quality design work with fewer resources
- Collaborate closely with design partners to define, maintain and improve components in Figma and with engineers to integrate robust and reusable components into component libraries like Storybook.
- Document design principles, accessibility guidelines, UI states, and interactions.
- Establishing and socializing specifications and standards; training designers and engineers on how to use the system in their work
- Auditing new designs and existing pieces of the product to ensure interaction and component consistency
- Strong visual design fundamentals with enterprise software experience
- 5+ years of UI design experience at scaling startups
- Must have built a design system from scratch and have worked in design systems
- Expert level skills in Figma
- Capable of working autonomously and delivering high quality from the jump
- Capable of rapid iteration and experimentation
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Comfortable with critique and co-authorship
- Examples of your design systems work, including usage documentation (an entire library to review would be tops) and engineering deliverables.
- Case study on how and why you came up with the design systems and components you created
- A showcase of designs that have been shipped to production using the system you established
- If your portfolio is password protected, please include it in order for us to consider your application.
Additional Job details
The base salary range for this position is $130k - $210k annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work at Sigma Computing. This role is eligible for stock options, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment in both of our SF & newly opened NYC office.