At Sigma, we are building a no-code, cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data. All without any programming involved. As a technical support engineer, you will be part of a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will work with Sigma’s customers and the pre-sales team to assist with the diagnosis and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Working closely with the development team, you will develop best practices and tools for diagnosing issues and optimizing the service for performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, devops, design, product, and the go-to-market teams to create a first-class experience for users of our product.
Qualifications We Need
- 5+ years of industry experience supporting enterprise products for data analytics.
- Computer Science fundamentals. Strong domain expertise in databases and business intelligence
- SQL proficiency - Very good grasp on JOINs, Partitions, Window Functions, Aggregations, CTEs, Sub-queries etc.
- SQL query performance troubleshooting and plan generation understanding
- Proficient in data modeling concepts
- Ability to properly chart data into logical visualizations
- A proven track record of building trust with customers and bringing issues to resolution quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong desire to build scalable processes for issue resolution (documenting common patterns for issue resolution, building tooling for diagnosing issues etc)
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with multiple departments and co-ordinate issue triaging, diagnosis and resolution
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
Highly Desirable Skills & Experiences
- Supporting a cloud service in production
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Knowledge of GCP, AWS
- Startup experience
Benefits and Perks
- Create your own setup (keyboard, mouse, headphones, coffee device, etc). Get what you need to make your job easier.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter plan
- MealPal plan and catered lunch Wednesday’s
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Walking distance to BART, Muni, and CalTrain
- An experienced leadership team with top investors
- Lots of coffee (and of course tea, if that’s your thing)
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.