Senior Product Designer
Sigma’s vision is to create an insight-driven world where people and organizations are transformed for the better by access to data and the insights it contains. At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data -- all without any programming involved. We are growing the product design team and looking for a designer who has the curiosity to get to know our users and the chops to design world-class experiences. You will be part of a talented team of designers on a shared mission to make data analytics highly usable and easily accessible to non-technical users.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will doing UI/UX design for our Sigma product
- You’ll be working with a talented, down to earth set of data obsessed people who iterate, learn, grow, and ship value to customers together
- Your simple and elegant designs will delight business users’ as they explore data and generate insights
- You'll own substantial pieces of the product from design concept to their release
- Working with our PM, research, customer success and support teams, you will actively seek end-user product feedback and collaboratively advance solutions to improve product adoption and utilization
Qualifications We Need
- Demonstrably strong interaction design fundamentals with a flair for visual appeal
- 7+ years experience of interaction design
- Proven track record of designing commercially successful, world-class software
- Capable of working autonomously, leading complex design projects and delivering high quality design solutions
- Capable of rapid iteration, feedback cycles, and experimentation. Seeks understanding of customer needs and the ability to assess and incorporate their feedback
- Demonstrable ability to think about entire systems, with the vision to design the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally
- Exceptional facilitation, communication and presentation skills; demonstrating the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Bachelor or Masters with specialization in HCI or Interaction Design
- Expert level Sketch or Figma skills
- Startup experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing product design work with an emphasis on interaction design
- We want to see designs that have been successfully released that demonstrate system-wide thinking, breadth and depth in interactive design skills
- We want to see your process and progressive evolution of your designs, including the business problem you were trying to solve, constraints and assumptions you needed to work within, where the design started and your significant iterations leading to the final product.
- We want to understand how your designs furthered company objectives while meeting user needs
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about Sigma, visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.