Sigma’s vision is to create an insight-driven world where people, organizations, and, ultimately, humanity are transformed for the better by data. At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data. All without any programming involved. We are growing the engineering team and looking for engineers who have the chops to build and deliver world-class technology. You will be part of a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible.
What You Will Be Doing
- As a lead engineer on the frontend team, you will own, architect, and implement user interfaces. This includes new types of data analyses, visualizations, and user workflows.
- Working closely with our product, UX design, and backend development teams, you will drive projects that make our UI awesome and radically simplify the user experience for non-technical business users.
- You will leverage your technical expertise in front-end application development and experience guiding and mentoring other engineers to lead complex multi-person projects.
- You will drive the creation of novel visualizations for structured and unstructured data and develop new techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of the application.
- You will work closely with the leadership team to define solutions to high-level engineering objectives.
Qualifications We Need
- Strong computer science fundamentals. BA/BS in Computer Science. MS or PhD preferred
- 10+ years industry experience building and maintaining high-quality software and 5+ years building UI technologies
- Full-stack application development experience
- You have high standards and have a track record of delivering world-class software to production. You can also make the right trade-offs between functionality and delivery speed that supports delivering value to customers and iterating based on feedback and roadmap priorities
- You have been a key technical decision maker and use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to be an influencer of technical strategy within and across teams
- You have an eye for great design and are passionate about building products that provide a great user experience
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- Experience building systems for data analytics
- Experience building and delivering a cloud service
- Startup experience
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about Sigma, visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.