About the Role
We are growing the engineering team and looking for engineers who have the chops to build and deliver world-class technology. You will be part of a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible.
What You Will Be Doing
- As a lead engineer on the frontend team, you will own, architect, and implement user interfaces. This includes new types of data analyses, visualizations, and user workflows.
- Working closely with our product, UX design, and backend development teams, you will drive projects that make our UI awesome and radically simplify the user experience for non-technical business users.
- You will leverage your technical expertise in front-end application development and experience guiding and mentoring other engineers to lead complex multi-person projects.
- You will drive the creation of novel visualizations for structured and unstructured data and develop new techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of the application.
- You will work closely with the leadership team to define solutions to high-level engineering objectives.
Qualifications We Need
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- 10+ years industry experience building and maintaining high-quality software and 5+ years building UI technologies
- Full-stack application development experience
- You have high standards and have a track record of delivering world-class software to production. You can also make the right trade-offs between functionality and delivery speed that supports delivering value to customers and iterating based on feedback and roadmap priorities
- You have been a key technical decision maker and use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to be an influencer of technical strategy within and across teams
- You have an eye for great design and are passionate about building products that provide a great user experience
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- Experience building systems for data analytics
- Experience building and delivering a cloud service
- Startup experience
Sigma is a SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
At Sigma, we believe every person has unique domain expertise that they bring to the table. Our mission is to give everyone the technical abilities to leverage their expertise to drive their business decisions. This idea is fundamental to who we are and how we collaborate and treat each other. We believe we are Smarter Together and what each person brings to the table helps make us (and our company) stronger. How we do this internally is through transparency and Fearless Communication. We explain, we speak up, and we all have the opportunity to contribute to the company. With that communication, we Assume Best Intent and know what how we approach each other and our customers is with a common goal. We are Curious & Constructive in looking at how we can make our product, company, and community better. With all of these Company Values, we Aim for Greatness, we have big goals that we keep hitting and we continue to reassess how we can set those goals even higher. Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.