About the Role
We are growing the engineering team and looking for engineers who have the chops to build and deliver world-class technology. You will be part of a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible.
What You Will Be Doing
- Solve challenging problems that arise in providing an interactive experience on data warehouses for data exploration and analysis.
- Build with modern tools and languages like Rust, Go, GraphQL, and Kubernetes
- Build infrastructure to support a modern cloud application
- Develop new algorithms and techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of our multi-tenant cloud application
- Design and implement new technologies and features to support our fast growing user base
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer support, sales and marketing to build an innovative product
Qualifications We Need
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years industry experience building and maintaining high-quality software
- Experience building and deploying robust and secure web APIs
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- Experience building systems for data analytics
- Distributed systems monitoring and profiling skills
- Knowledge of cloud application security models
- SQL query optimization and database internals
- Administered cloud service infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Startup experience
Sigma is a SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
At Sigma, we believe every person has unique domain expertise that they bring to the table. Our mission is to give everyone the technical abilities to leverage their expertise to drive their business decisions. This idea is fundamental to who we are and how we collaborate and treat each other. We believe we are Smarter Together and what each person brings to the table helps make us (and our company) stronger. How we do this internally is through transparency and Fearless Communication. We explain, we speak up, and we all have the opportunity to contribute to the company. With that communication, we Assume Best Intent and know thats how we approach each other and our customers is with a common goal. We are Curious & Constructive in looking at how we can make our product, company, and community better. With all of these Company Values, we Aim for Greatness, we have big goals that we keep hitting and we continue to reassess how we can set those goals even higher. Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.