Sightline Media Group, the nation’s leading news enterprise serving the military, defense and federal communities, seeks a Videographer for a creative role at its Tyson’s Corner, VA facility. The ideal candidate will be highly interested in defense, military, foreign affairs, innovation, and technology.
Our prestigious, industry-leading media brands: Military Times, Defense News, Federal Times and C4ISRNET – serve the entirety of the defense and federal establishment, from senior leadership to the rank and file US military service members.
The job requires creativity and technical expertise, with a keen eye to quality, growth and innovation. The role requires a fresh, contemporary sensibility, a passion for and understanding of military market subject matter and an ability to engage our brands' varied digital, mobile and broadcast audiences. The role requires both hands-on camera and editing as well as the ability to engage audiences via social media platforms. Military service or familiarity a huge plus.
We're looking for an energetic, creative videographer with the ability to edit and shoot engaging visual stories on military, defense and cyber topics, and work with our partners to create innovative branded content.
Responsibilities will include shooting on location and in studio.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: lighting, scripting, directing, creating/updating graphic elements and developing content for social media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in photojournalism or a comparable combination of education & experience
- 1-3 years of videography experience required
- Strong video storytelling ability for both broadcast and web video
- Extensive editing experience with Adobe Premiere (multi-cam mode)
- Experience in producing, filming and editing news stories, short-format hard news, news magazine packages
- Multi-camera production experience
- Familiarity with multiple cameras and video formats
- Studio and field TV production experience, extensive knowledge of lighting on location and in a studio
- Ability to use motion graphic templates, modify and edit for use in TV programing
- Video encoding/exporting and color correction
- Must be willing to travel within the U.S., internationally and with military transportation ground, air, sea
- Must have a valid divers license, passport and reliable transportation
- Must be able to perform under pressure and hit deadlines
- Experience with Final Cut Pro and AfterEffects is preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis