POSITION Account Executive, Education/Military Transition and CFC
POSITION LOCATION Washington, DC area
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP President
CORPORATE HQ Washington, DC
The Military Times group comprises Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times and Marine Corps Times. Established in 1940, Military Times has earned its role as part of the fabric of the U.S. military community, playing an important role as the premier, dedicated, independent news source for the active-duty military, their families, veteran and retirees.
Military Times is produced by Sightline Media, the leading news media organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Military Times is looking for a proven sales representative to sell advertising to colleges seeking the military market, client companies seeking military service members transitioning from service, and charities seeking federal and military contributions in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC.) This is largely an in-house sales position, effective over phone, email, correspondence or in electronic meeting formats, though limited travel may be required.
The position will work in close collaboration with our senior account executive currently working the education and transition category. The position will be responsible for significant new business activity in colleges and the transition category and increasing revenue from assigned accounts as we expand our offerings in military education and transition. The position will also be responsible for creating direct sales success for accounts in the CFC campaign.
You will research accounts, identify prospects and secure a full and persuasive understanding the context of the sales category and the unique value proposition of our products in military and federal markets. Working within a team setting with sales, marketing and editorial staff, you will identify, articulate and craft multi-platform (digital, print, video and webcast/podcast) packages and solutions that appeal to clientele. You will drive sales revenue in our signature print and digital products serving the military and CFC markets.
2-4 years of advertising sales experience, with knowledge of print, digital and video advertising is ideal.
- Experience in military markets and an understanding of the military community is strongly preferred. Former military service or military family background welcomed.
- Proven ability to sell over phone, email and through indirect means
- Experience in a Salesforce.com or CRM system sales environment
- Experience with college and education market strongly preferred.
- Sales experience in both advertising and integrated cross-platform sponsorships.
- Develop and manage sales to achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Identify, sell, and close new business opportunities and upsell existing accounts
Work closely with editorial, marketing and sales staff on plans, opportunities and solutions to grow revenue from the education, transition and CFC categories.
- Participate in events and conferences directly related to the military field
- Work within a Salesforce.com CRM environment, assure all activity is trackable, forecasted and effectively recorded in our CRM system.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, presentation skills
- Proven business development and sales closing abilities
- A team player. Flexible, adaptable, collaborative, able to thrive in a high-speed, entrepreneurial environment
- Creativity, accountability, integrity and strategic acumen. A passion for excellence.
- Affinity for or knowledge of military and federal markets. A patriotic alignment with our core military values.
- Ability to travel if needed; driver’s license required
- Strong digital and systems acumen. Skills working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
Bachelor’s degree required
The successful candidate will receive a compensation package (Salary, and Commission) commensurate with his/her track record and level of achievement.