JOB TITLE: Director, Western Sales
POSITION LOCATION: Los Angeles
DEPARTMENT: MilitaryTimes Advertising
REPORTS TO: Head of Sales
Military Times is published by Sightline Media Group and the company has been around for over 75 years. Sightline Media Group has a strong heritage of meeting the highest standards of independent journalism and has expanded with publications serving all branches of the U.S. military, the global defense community, the U.S. federal government, and several special interest, defense-oriented industry sectors. Military Times has both print and digital platforms and provides general and breaking news; personal finance information; healthcare; recreational resources; exclusive videos and photos; Guard and Reserve information; and access to a community that connects service members, military families and veterans. Core to Military Times are four products aimed at current and former U.S. military personnel: Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times, and Marine Corps Times. We have a combined print circulation and online audience over 6 million people.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Military Times is looking for a brand and agency savvy seller to join our team. In this role you will establish and grow relationships with top marketers and media buyers in order to secure new clients, grow revenue and provide customers with a great overall advertising experience to our unique military audience.
- 7+ years of digital advertising sales with working knowledge of print advertising.
- Proven direct relationships within ad agency holding company media buying groups.
- Significant experience selling both basic advertising and integrated cross platform sponsorships.
- Self-starter that can thrive in both a corporate and start-up environments.
In this role you will personally handle and develop an account list. It is expected from the start that you are able to develop and execute a territory sales plan to accomplish your assigned quarterly revenue goals; resolve account issues; and ensure Military Times sales policies and procedures are reliably implemented
- Develop and manage a pipeline of deals to hit your quarterly sales targets.
- Be creative in your packaging of ideas to meet needs of marketers.
- Attend all appropriate local marketing and advertising association events.
- Educate brands and agencies on the value of our military audience.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed, and have a driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Strong skills working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
Bachelor’s degree recommended
The successful candidate will receive a compensation package (Salary, and Commission) commensurate with his/her track record and level of achievement.