Archetype Media Group, a distinguished parent company of notable entities including Sightline Media Group, Military Times, RateMyProfessors, Cheddar, and several others, is a leading news organization specializing in military, defense, and federal technology coverage. With headquarters in Washington, DC, and a global network of bureaus, Archetype offers a variety of platforms for business clientele, ranging from digital solutions to events and publications, emphasizing credibility and impact. We are currently seeking a Controller to oversee our financial operations, a role that demands a strong grasp of accounting principles and financial management practices, and involves close collaboration with executive leadership in managing financial reporting, accounting, and operations, as well as contributing to budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting and financial operations functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll. Also lead periodic support across cash management and liquidity.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support the annual budgeting process and ensure that budgets are aligned with the organization's strategic goals.
- Analyze financial data and prepare reports to provide insights into business performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead and develop a team of accounting and finance professionals to ensure high-quality performance and engagement as this is a hands-on and strategic role.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong technical skills in accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and regulations, including GAAP, [IFRS], and SOX.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Archetype includes a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role. This accounts for the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications.
A reasonable estimate of the compensation is a $180k to $210k base salary.