Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal employees, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world.
The Manager of Marketing Platforms will help execute marketing and communications projects as well as other projects that drive business goals. The role will focus on supporting the VP of Marketing in technical execution on a variety of projects, including but not limited to conferences, webcasts, sales marketing, email promotions, house campaigns, and custom projects. We’re looking for a confident, multi-tasking and entrepreneurial individual who works effectively with a team while being a productive individual contributor. The ideal candidate would have a blend of technical skills along with a passion for marketing and design.
- Project management: Help ensure all marketing campaigns and related deliverables are executed on time. Work with cross-functional team to achieve marketing and business goals. Create project management tickets and manage projects in system; Work with AdOps to implement house campaigns and schedule ads in the system.
- Event prep/support: Secure event vendors, own event contracts, and oversee event contract renewals. Assist with communication between the video team, run of show team, and custom/sales team to help ensure all teams know what the other is doing and all sponsorship deliverables are being met.
- Technical event execution: Work with internal team members on technical execution of events, including but not limited to assisting with backend of event tools on day of event, setting up online event platforms/landing pages, creating PowerPoints, integrating event data into various systems, updating websites, creating Eventbrite ticketing, managing registration lists, creating automated emails, and integrating event platforms. Attend and help set up for in-person events when/if those take place to help ensure the success day-of.
- Marketing: Assist the team with the creation and scheduling of promotional emails, social promotion, and other promotional efforts as necessary. Take on miscellaneous tasks as assigned, working across departments. Work with designers to ensure the creation of timely and successful marketing materials.
- Special and Custom Projects: Assist with the execution of custom and special projects. Create sponsored pages, build custom materials, and help ensure sponsor deliverables are activated on custom campaigns.
- Sales marketing: Assist with creation of sales materials, help manage the sales marketing sharepoint, ensuring sales stays updated on products, support effort regarding marketing automation, assist sales team with questions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline or demonstrated experience
- Roughly 3 years’ experience working in a digital, marketing environment, preferably for a media company
- Roughly 3 years’ experience working on events and event marketing
- Email marketing and marketing automation experience
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable with Wordpress
- Technical ability to create promotional emails, create landing pages, send promotional emails via an email software, work with Event ticket platforms, work with webcast and/or live stream platforms
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels to foster a strong team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong project-management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing skills
- Excellent prioritization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and high level of diplomacy
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- A good eye for design
- Additional development skills beyond HTML and CSS
- Experience with Event management and ticketing platforms such as Eventbrite
- Experience with Zapier
- Experience with Wrike or similar project management system
- Comfortable with Google Analytics