Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Subscription Manager will work across titles to manage all subscription efforts. He/She will work with outside vendors and internal staff to manage magazine(s) subscriptions including message generation, marketing collateral, renewal/retention, partnerships, and invoicing. This position must work closely with internal staff as well as outside vendors. Individual duties include, but are not limited to the items listed below, these tasks and responsibilities may differ by individual media brand. Have a keen eye for budgeting from forecast to reconciliation to best track and present the numbers.
- 3-5+ years of experience in consumer marketing. Experience with magazines a plus.
- High Level of organizational skills, attention to minute detail, and people skills are necessary.
- Phone, computer, Excel and Word, accounting and crisis management, skills.
- Professional behavior with a team player attitude, working together and using good verbal communication to effectively communicate with management and office personnel to meet the goals and expectations of the company.
- Editorial Communication - Work with editors for each title to learn about special sections or unique content coming up to build marketing campaigns around
- Subscription Generation – candidate will work within budgets to generate new subscribers across all media brands. Job will include development of Direct Mail and email campaigns, insert cards, list generation/rental, partnerships, and special offers.
- Bulk Sales Development - Work to build relationships with organizations who can become bulk buyers of print copies (ex. Museums, Libraries’, Associations, National Parks, Airports, Bookstores and more.
- Renewal efforts – Candidate will manage and own the renewal and re-qualification efforts for all titles. Job will include scheduling, and versioning of direct response renewal, retention, and telemarketing efforts.
- Donor efforts – Manage all donor efforts with plans for both retention and new donor efforts.
- Controlled Circulation – Manage the Defense News Controlled circulation to ensure requested and postal amounts are within the required.
- Manage Newsstand distribution and sales across all titles. Continue to optimize distribution and sales based on sales rates.
- Responsible for driving specific acquisition channel strategy including data selection and pricing tactics that maximizes volume and revenue.
- Responsible for tracking the effectiveness and ROI of channel specific campaigns against KPI goals through proper reporting and use of analytic tools.