Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world.
Editor, Custom Content
Sightline Media Group is looking to hire a custom content editor for our expanding custom team. In this role, you will edit, write and track custom content about the national security community, collaborating with the editorial and marketing teams at Sightline and coordinating with some of the largest defense contractors in the world. You’ll work with clients on projects and pitch ideas that highlight the most compelling stories in the defense sector. You’ll also help lead projects on the colleges and the workplaces that are the best for veterans.
- Develop, assign, and edit white papers on national security from a growing stable of freelancers.
- Interview subject matter experts and thought leaders during events and panels and for digital articles
- Invite military leaders, think tanks, and analysts to participate in in-person and virtual events, and assist in brainstorming event panels and themes.
- Assist the Senior Editor in managing custom delivery calendar and sales inquiries
- Craft pitch documents that best highlight and package our editorial team’s upcoming work (including ebooks, special multimedia reports, and reporting at events).
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a journalist and/or editor.
- Sharp writing and editing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative.
- Laser-focused attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong investigative talent with the ability to translate technical subject matter into clear language
- Digital journalism chops
- Experience writing/editing about technology and/or national security strongly preferred.
- A positive, energetic attitude
- Creativity and a contemporary approach to storytelling.
- On-camera video experience a plus.
- Experience in content marketing a plus.
- Experience working with customers or clients a plus
Sightline Media, which owns Defense News, C4ISRNET, Military Times, Air Force Times, Marine Corps Times, Army Times, Navy Times and Federal Times has a team of more than 40 reporters and editors worldwide.