Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an advertising & media minded sales planner to join our team and support our Sightline properties. In this role you will become the bridge between sales, sales marketing, ad operations and account management to build robust proposals that win deals. The Sales Planner will become one of the most knowledgeable people in our organization about ad products and inventory availability.
- 1-3+ years of digital advertising sales planning with basic knowledge of print advertising
- Expert skill with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Photoshop, and ability to quickly learn platforms
- Proven track record of turn any idea into a well-developed proposal
- Self-starter that can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
Building media plans based on items on our editorial calendar, responding to requests for proposals and managing proposal and insertion order development; recommending ad placements and content channels based on client’s campaign objectives; researching user data and audience metrics; analyzing market trends; various types of data entry in CRM platforms, and working with the sales team to manage and pursue new business opportunities, lead development, and inbound marketing efforts to drive demand generation.
- Manage all phases of the pre- and certain post-sale digital campaign process
- Support gathering campaign assets and working with ad ops to optimize campaigns
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to dissect raw data, are a must.
- You should be able to draw conclusions from the data and provide recommendations.
- Exceptional communication and presentation design skills
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Strong skills working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
Bachelor’s degree recommended