Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for marketing / business minded students with an interest in sales. Additionally, you may also have an interest in digital media, advertising specific sales, ad operations, business strategy and or customer service. Interns will receive experience covering all aspects of our ad sales business and see how media buyers and sellers work together. The Ad Sales Interns will focus on four areas of our business that most align with creation of new revenue: Prospecting, Customer Communication, Content Marketing Development and Competitive Intelligence Gathering. Candidates should have a strong interest in digital media and digital sponsorship, and should be comfortable communicating with Sightline’s various advertisers, many of which are Fortune 500 companies.
- Expert skill with Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop a plus
- Knack for turning any idea into a good conversation
- Self-starter that is a good listener and willing to keep trying over and over to get the right result
- Exceptional communication and presentation design skills
- Willingness to learn industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Enthusiasm and excitement
College credit and potential for hourly pay