Sightline is seeking a web development intern to aid in building and maintaining all websites and web applications for Sightline Media Group, Sunset.com and Historynet.com, as well as the technical management of our email marketing system, and related ad-serving platforms.
Central to this position is the development of code, an ability to work with Restful APIs, prior experience creating and maintaining CMSs, knowledge of email marketing principles, and other general skills and knowledge related to the creation of web applications.
The successful applicant will be technical savvy, has an ability to learn new platforms and technology, can work in a self-directed manner, and has well developed skills in task and time management, organization, and communication.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, multi-tasker, and clear communicator.
Job duties include:
- Write code and scripts for all web applications & sites, advertising solutions, social-media integrations, APIs, and subscription transactions systems.
- Provide internal expertise and development support of publishing tools and platforms, and other various third-party solutions licensed from partners.
- Manage all technical aspects of email campaigns including creating and modifying email subscriber lists and HTML templates, sending emails according to plan, and maintenance.
- Provide technical and thought leadership advise on the integration of new product initiatives including but not limited to technology partnerships and print to online marketing initiatives.
- Test new and existing products for proper functionality by taking ownership and initiative over the user experience to identify and implement fixes and improvements.
- Preference given for education in computer science, technology, graphic design, communication, or related fields.
- Experience with and understanding of web application development, full-stack developers preferred.
- Skills in HTML and CSS, HTML5 and CSS3 preferred.
- Experience with APIs (REST and SOAP), AWS, and LAMP environments.
- Familiarity and understanding of MVC architecture and JSON.
- Excellent communications skills, creativity and initiative. Must be work well with others, and hare concepts and code freely.
- Ability to work efficiently in self-directed manner.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.