Sightline Media Group, the nation’s leading news enterprise serving the military, defense and federal communities, seeks ad sales intern for a support role at its Northern Virginia office.
Our industry-leading media brands: Military Times, Defense News, Federal Times and C4ISRNET – serve the entirety of the defense and federal establishment, from senior leadership to the rank and file US military service members.
We are looking for business minded students with an interest in sales. Additionally, you may also have an interest in digital media, advertising specific sales, ad operations, business strategy and or customer service.
Interns will receive experience covering all aspects of our ad sales business and see how media buyers and sellers work together. The Ad Sales Interns will focus on four areas of our business that most align with creation of new revenue: Prospecting, Customer Communication, Content Marketing Development and Trade Show Follow-Up.
Candidates should have a strong interest in digital media and digital sponsorship, and should be comfortable communicating with Sightline’s various advertisers, many of which are Fortune 500 companies.
- Prospecting: Prospecting list creation to find new customers by region, category and seller territory.
- Customer Communication: Outbound interaction with prospects through message development, delivery of media kits and connecting interested people with the right sellers to develop into a sale.
- Content Marketing Development: Sales content marketing strategy by designing a social media outreach program. Launch LinkedIn and Instagram accounts for Sightline Sales to connect with our clients. Create annual calendar of posts around events, topics, efforts we are involved in
- Trade Show Follow-Up: Post Trade Show Advertiser / Sponsor Review. Investigate what brands ran in competing books at shows / on show sites. See what brands are not running with us, and who are the right contacts
The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, project management experience, creativity and strong analytical skills.
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team, and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Google Office tools, plus Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and comfortable working with math and formulas
- Enthusiasm and excitement!