Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
The Marketing & Events Manager will help create, plan, produce, and oversee execution of marketing and communications plans and all other projects that drive editorial and business goals. The role also oversees the execution of all events, including but not limited to conferences, panel discussions, client receptions and award programs. This growth opportunity is great for a confident, multi-tasking and entrepreneurial individual who works effectively with a team while being a productive individual contributor.
- Project management: Ensure that all marketing campaigns and related deliverables are executed on time. Work with cross-functional team to achieve marketing and business goals. Create wrike tickets and manage projects in wrike; Work with adops to implement house campaigns and schedule ads in the system; Keep marketing projects on track and on time
- Custom event management: Serve as the business owner of custom events and the primary POC both internally and externally for event related logistics, RFPs, vendor communication, sales tracking, creative timelines, P&Ls, and day-of coordination
- Event lead: main POC and driver for all events including event logistics, coordination with content and promotions for successful staging of events; work with event sponsors on securing deliverables and successful activation of sponsorship packages
- Sales marketing & audience development support: assist director of marketing and other department heads with inbound and content marketing efforts to grow lists, subscribers and sales leads to contribute towards overall business goals.
- Marketing, sales, and editorial liaison: Keep finger on the pulse of editorial and sales products and initiatives and align them with marketing; Attend project meetings for sales and editorial when appropriate to ensure successful interdepartmental communication. Work closely with editorial teams to take direction to improve product briefs
- Sponsored content promotion: Promote custom and native sponsored products, across platforms to ensure success. A/B test to maximize traffic to content executions.
- Special Projects: Take on tasks as assigned, as marketing or overall project lead. Work closely with trade show manager, sales and editorial around highly coordinated presence at trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline or demonstrated experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a digital, marketing environment, preferably in media or agency setting
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels to foster a strong and effective team environment
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and CRM, along with analytics tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong project-management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to function amidst ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly process-driven with excellent prioritization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and high level of diplomacy
Why Work With Us:
- Full benefits (health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k), short term & long term disability, etc...)
- Office location (in close proximity to the metro and the shuttle)
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly team lunches
- Be part of an organization that gives back to the military community
- Opportunity to meet high level government officials (senators, congressmen, etc...)