Sightline Media Group is the nation’s leading news enterprise serving the Military, Defense, and Federal communities. Our prestigious and industry-leading media brands include: Military Times, Defense News, Federal Times and C4ISRNET, and serve the entirety of the defense and federal establishment, from senior leadership to the rank and file US military service members.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Sightline is looking for a business to government savvy seller to join our team. In this role you will establish and grow relationships with top federal IT and defense marketers and media buyers. Core to this role is new business development to find and secure new clients. As important as closing new business will be your ability to manage new accounts and provide analysis, reporting and optimization to ensure an overall best in class advertising experience to your customers.
- 5+ years of digital advertising sales with working knowledge of print advertising.
- Perceived as thought leader within the Defense and federal IT marketplaces.
- Significant experience selling both basic advertising and integrated cross platform sponsorships.
- Excellent knowledge of the Defense procurement marketplace, federal IT trends, media competitors, and a deep understanding of key technologies transforming these sectors.
- Self-starter that can thrive in both a corporate and start-up environments.
In this role you will personally handle and develop an account list. It is expected from the start that you are able to develop and execute a territory sales plan to accomplish your assigned quarterly revenue goals; resolve account issues; and ensure Network Solutions sales policies and procedures are reliably implemented
- Develop and manage a pipeline of deals to hit your quarterly sales targets.
- Be creative in your packaging of ideas to meet needs of marketers.
- Attend all appropriate local marketing and advertising association events.
- Attend Defense, Aerospace and Federal IT trade shows, conferences, and events
- Work closely with various stakeholders to develop new custom media solutions for your client base
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed, and have a driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Strong skills working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
- Background understanding of federal and defense business sector trends, themes, players, etc
Bachelor’s degree recommended