Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
- Own the day-to-day HR administrative duties and activities
- Be the first point of contact for any questions related to HR, Benefits and Compensation
- Assist in documentation and investigation of employee concerns and performance management issues
- Effectively build, develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with management and employees
- Address all employee relations issues to minimize risk
- Serve as a business ally to ensure alignment between individual, business unit, and corporate practices
- Promote positive employee relations and communication by counseling and conflict resolution
- Ensure a smooth on-boarding experience for new hires
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Partner with shared services payroll and HR team to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Represent the company and the HR function in a positive light by gaining and maintaining knowledge of industry trends and general business knowledge/acumen.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development preferred
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and ability to serve as a subject matter expert (“go to resource”) for all employees within the business
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of HR/personnel practices and principles, labor, pay, benefits, and health and safety laws required
- The ability to handle and maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive employee information
- Skills in Negotiation and Business Analyses (margin analysis, cost modeling, and performance management skills).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office