About Sightline Media Group:
Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world.
Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
The Editor of Navy Times will oversee all news coverage of the Navy, its people, institutions and global operations and context. With a focus on sailors – their careers, culture and families – the Editor of Navy Times will seek to interest and engage the Navy community in our multimedia content, driving traffic and audience growth. Navy Times Editor will direct coverage of breaking news as well as personnel policies, Pentagon politics and the dynamics that impact the lives of sailors. The Navy Times Editor will be a key manager within the Military Times newsroom, developing concepts and coverage packages, overseeing reporters and directing content creation across multiple platforms, including the Navy Times web/mobile sites, the bi-weekly print magazine, Navy Times-branded video productions, social media channels and newsletters. The Editor will also be expected to write and contribute directly towards content, and to develop high-impact cover stories and multi-media features. The job will include:
- Lead editorial direction of Navy Times brands, both directly managing reporters and curating Navy-related content from across the Military Times and Defense News news team, digital/social team and video team.
- Serve as the public voice and face of Navy Times, including attendance at news events, meetings with top Navy officials and military organizations, writing editorials and engaging with readers on social media.
- Oversee bi-weekly development and production of Navy Times print editions.
- Collaborate closely with video/audio team to produce regular video features, web digital summaries, podcasts, galleries and other multimedia content
- Drive Navy Times through analytics, measuring productivity of content and authors and responding to audience interest, trends and opportunities
- Help execute the Military Times digital distribution strategies by curating and optimizing content for social media and individual distribution platforms.