We’re looking for a Product Designer that can help lead the direction and vision of product design as a discipline here at SigFig. You love shipping high-impact products that transform how people invest and view their money. You provide thought leadership and inspiration to a product team that is at the heart of SigFig’s strengths as a business. Our philosophy as a team is to never stop leveling together. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us and build products people trust and love.
- You will lead transformational redesigns of our visual systems across all of our platforms that reflect the ultimate intersection of elegance and utility.
- You will engage with product managers to co-create and validate design concepts.
- You may also be designing and guiding the development of product marketing pages, user education content, and brand assets.
- You understand how to architect a multi-platform system that can be extended to our partners.
- You will craft financial tools and experiences on our core and partnership platforms.
- You will participate in user research sessions to gather and prioritize requirements.
- You will guide a product’s vision at its earliest stages with product management and work with engineers to iterate and ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Essentially, you will provide whatever execution and guidance is necessary to make the product come to life in the most vivid and impactful way possible.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- A strong portfolio and keen sense of design, color, typography and iconography: You have a high bar for excellence and know the difference between “good” and “great”.
- Experience delivering large product redesigns: You are familiar with the care and precision it takes to develop and mold a robust and beautiful visual system.
- Experience collaborating with other designers: You know how to give feedback and inspire a collaborative, multi-faceted design team.
- A history of excellence in craft: You have designed products with the highest levels of quality through an emphasis on craft and iteration.
- Communication skills: You are a clear communicator, and aren’t afraid to have a point of view. Yet, you are flexible and open minded, and can resolve team conflicts if they arise.
- An ability to deconstruct complexity: You can take complex financial concepts and simplify them into easy to understand, beautiful data visualizations.
- A user-centered perspective: You believe understanding users is an essential tool in your design process.
- Understanding that product design is more than just pixels: Product design has enormous impact because it touches people through a business’s core strategy. Embracing team objectives and delivering excellent, relevant work drives and motivates you.
- Experience managing clients: You are adept at managing feedback from your immediate team members and potential partners.
- Veteran status at shipping products: You are not surprised by and can conquer the common pitfalls of “the last 20%” when it comes time to deliver.
- 7+ years of professional experience: Tech, design studios, consulting, or advertising backgrounds all qualify.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with motion graphics, video production, or typeface design.
- Experience in building responsive web and/or native mobile prototypes.
- Interest in finance or personal finance
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
- Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Fitness subsidy
- Commuter subsidy