About the team
The Applications Team bridges the gap between our machine learning at scale and our customers' needs. By combining a strong sense of what is right for the customer with knowledge of big data and distributed systems, we provide a seamless way for our customers to make decisions, learn insights and navigate the ever-changing world of fraud fighting without needing to understand the complex technology underneath. That means creating a web application that distills complex ML signals, automation tools running on a highly-available multi-service architecture, and providing customer-facing analytics tooling to make endless streams of data understandable, actionable and usable.
What we’re looking for
As a tech lead, you will be a hands-on leader that owns and drives forward the team's technical vision, works with product managers, designers and other engineering teams to deliver projects on time, and mentors engineers on the team. You will design and build distributed systems that affect millions of people every day, as well as coordinate the work of others. As Sift is still a small but growing company, this involves an opportunity to take an engineering leadership role not just on the team but within Sift’s engineering organization as a whole.
What you’ll do
- Enable Sift’s customers to act and respond to our machine learning insights in real time.
- Create distributed workflow systems that automate our key customers’ business processes
- Design and build systems that aggregate large quantities of customer data to help customers visualize and understand their business.
- Build highly scalable, distributed microservices that can handle hundreds of millions of events per day
What would make you a strong fit
- 6+ years creating succinct, performant and easily readable code in a compiled, Object-Oriented language such as Java, C#, Scala or Go
- Experience leading complex, mission critical projects
- Have taken naturally complex product requirements and produced a simple architecture that allows for fast feature development and maintainability.
- Solid understanding of large-scale data stores either relational database or NoSQL (Hbase, Cassandra)
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, working cross functionally to drive project deadlines
- BS in Computer Science or related field
A little about us:
Sift Science is a hyper-growth Series D company that facilitates the largest trust network of online businesses and consumers on the internet.
The Sift Science Trust PlatformTM uses real-time machine learning to accurately predict which users businesses can trust, and which ones they can’t. The upshot? Consumers know which companies they can entrust with their personal and financial information. And businesses can customize each user's experience based on their trust score – which leads to more revenue, higher conversion rates, and less fraud and abuse.