Business Value Consulting (BVC) is a critical, customer-facing role where the consultant will work closely with the Sift Sales team, playing a key role in driving the business forward and increasing win rates. BVCs engage with prospects to capture and communicate the potential business value that our solutions can provide. You will work across all of Sift’s focus industries supporting our Strategic Sales team, evaluating the business benefits and financial value to companies.
The Sr. Director, Business Value will be a core member of the WW Sales team, providing leadership on business value activities that support our customers and internal teams to understand the value from deploying Sift, and/or supporting prospects and customers to understand the potential value from the implementation of a Digital Trust & Safety platform.
The Sr. Director, Business Value will provide thought leadership around value engineering for the sales organization and assist sales teams in deploying these concepts as part of their account strategy and planning, as well as integrating them into their sales process.
Furthermore, the Sr. Director, Business Value will help champion value engineering concepts across the Company through training and mentoring key stakeholders across the business. This role will report into the WW Sales Leader with the following responsibilities:
What You'll Do:
- Value Engineering:
- Engage with account teams, prospects and customers across the region to present and calculate the current benefits the customer has achieved from their use of Sift (Business Value Realization) as well as help quantify the potential impact of future investments in Sift (Business Value Assessment).
- Deliver Value Assessments and Value Realization services for selected strategic prospects and customers
- Act as a coach and subject matter expert to regional leadership, sales teams, and customer success teams, providing best practices, expertise and coaching on business value concepts, business cases, and strategies and tactics.
- Partner with sales enablement to design and deliver business value-related training globally for AEs, CSMs, and other roles; help drive consistent BVA and BVR execution through repeatable frameworks & concepts.
- Provide coaching to Account Executives and Sales and Sales Engineers by leveraging knowledge, consulting skills, experience, and analytical capabilities in identifying key C-level strategic issues, assessing existing process capabilities, and developing business cases.
- Support the development of new value assets, tools and collateral, helping develop the practice
- Account Planning Strategy:
- Elevate the value management function internally across our field sales stakeholders to contribute to the overall account(s) sales strategy
- Engage with top strategic customers via their account teams, working in close partnership with Industry Experts and Customer Success, to present, influence and measure business value.
- Lead discovery workshops with customer leadership and their teams to understand key business objectives, challenges of prospective and existing customers
The ideal candidate profile:
- 12+ years of experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, financial/investment analysis and/or other applicable roles
- A self-starter experienced in the discipline of business value engineering within a software platform or solutions company, including ability to translate data and analytic use cases into financial models and ROI
- Understanding of and experience in financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases. Deep knowledge of & ability to demonstrate practical use of IRR, NPV & Payback
- Experience building scalable customer-centric frameworks, assets, and collateral
- Logical, analytical, and curious personality, used to facilitate discussions with strategic customers
- Experience and effectiveness in addressing executive level audiences, with strong financial modeling experience
- Great communicator with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and influence, customer focus, and a source of both clarity and energy
- A sense of urgency, team collaboration, attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Naturally collaborative, autonomous, comfortable with ambiguity, and effective at driving impact across diverse groups and functions, with minimal direction
- Adaptable to change, and result-oriented team player committed to helping grow a high-impact business
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era by drawing on insights from our global network of customers.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
The anticipated starting base salary range for this role is $165,500- $191,000. Sift takes into account many factors in determining compensation, including level, location, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, the pay range / final offer may change or be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for a bonus, equity, and benefits. Please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Let’s Build It Together
At Sift, we are intentionally building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity drives innovation, equity is a fundamental right, and inclusion is a basic human need. We envision a place where all Sifties feel secure sharing their authentic selves and diverse experiences with their teams, their customers, and their community – ultimately using this empowerment and authenticity to build trust and create a safer Internet.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy