About the team
Our team researches and develops machine learning models and systems that help make the Internet a safer place. We serve customers across multiple verticals such as online commerce, delivery service, finance, travel sites, etc., and we have customers in both developed and developing countries. Our technology helps protect Internet users from ever-evolving online scams, payment fraud, abusive content, account takeover, etc. We are a forward-thinking team constantly challenging ourselves and the status quo to push the boundary of machine learning and data science across multiple product offerings at Sift and collaborate with product engineering teams to deliver tangible customer value.
We take pride in our work, not ourselves. Open and constructive feedback is valued and often required to ensure rigor in our work. We love learning, hacking, and sharing our findings. We believe that machine learning is THE way to empower internet-scale businesses to thrive.
What you'll do
- Design and implement end-to-end machine learning products
- Build highly scalable Big Data pipelines using Apache Flink, Beam, and Spark
- Prototype and explore model serving frameworks, workflow orchestration engines, and other machine learning platforms
- Collaborate with other engineers and data scientists and contribute to internal tooling, experimentation, prototyping, and productization effort
- Lead system design discussions and drive engineering excellence
- Mentor junior engineers and data scientists on system design and coding
What would make you a strong fit:
- You have a growth mindset and a strong interest to work with real-world machine learning applications and technologies
- You are curious about customer and business needs
- You are data-driven, love to challenge your assumptions and try new things
- You are passionate about building very large scale distributed systems
- 5+ years of experience working with large datasets (think TBs of data, 10s of thousands of features) in both batch and streaming environments
- Expert programmer in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Deep experience with python, docker container, k8s, terraform, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative work attitude
- B.S degree in Computer Science or related field
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era by drawing on insights from our global network of customers.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Let’s Build It Together
At Sift, we are intentionally building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity drives innovation, equity is a fundamental right, and inclusion is a basic human need. We envision a place where all Sifties feel secure sharing their authentic selves and diverse experiences with their teams, their customers, and their community – ultimately using this empowerment and authenticity to build trust and create a safer Internet.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy