Our Workflows team is responsible for several core functions of Sift’s Digital Trust & Safety platform: bulk scoring and routing, up-to-the-minute reporting on business metrics, as well as key customer integration points, all of which work together to drive a seamless, accurate, and fast solution for identifying and stopping fraud at scale. We combine customizable tools and powerful infrastructure to analyze and route all manner of transactions in our ongoing effort to build trust on the Internet. If you enjoy planning for scale, drawing on many engineering disciplines to solve complex problems, and making tremendous customer value in the process, this team is for you.
Our R&D team consists of over 100 engineers, and 30+ are based in Ukraine. The Workflows team consists of 7 people and we are going to hire 2 BE engineers for Ukraine R&D. These engineers will work in close collaboration with colleagues from other R&D offices.
- Java 11
- GCP (Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigTable, BigQuery)
Other Sift Components Tech stack - AWS, Python 3, Apache Airflow, Athena, Snowflake, CloudRun, CloudSQL, MongoDB, Grafana, Bosun, LogDNA, Ruby, RoR, FE: React.js.
We use Scrum and 2 weeks sprints.
Opportunities for you:
- Professional growth: quarterly Growth Cycles instead of performance review;
- Experience: knowledge sharing through biweekly Tech Talks sessions. You will learn how to build projects that handle petabytes of data and have small latency and high fault tolerance;
- Business trips and the annual Sift Summit, in 2022 Summit takes place in California;
- Hybrid work approach: you can choose where you work better remotely or in the office.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience building distributed backend systems using Java;
- 3+ years experience designing/delivering highly-available service;
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Experience working in Java;
- Experience with RESTful services, API design, and web technologies;
- Experience with data pipelines;
- Strong communication & collaboration skills - a team-first, product-first mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain an API platform to which engineers can contribute and build upon;
- Partner with product management to help scope and shape project requirements;
- Implement engineering solutions to address complex customer needs at scale;
- Collaborate with other engineers within the Workflows team as well as across other engineering teams;
- Help evolve and improve our engineering practices.
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era by drawing on insights from our global network of customers.
Benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that consists of financial compensation, a biannual 5% bonus, and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 50$ for sports and wellness
- Education reimbursement: books, education courses, conferences
- Flexible time off: we follow an unlimited vacation approach
- Tuned work schedule to Kyiv timezone despite US offices location: biweekly demo sessions are optional for our team and we watch them from recording
- Mental Health Days: additional 4 day-offs
- English courses and social activities inside the company that allow improving your public speaking and language
We follow the same process for all teams, technical interview consists of 2 parts:
- 45 min technical phone interview with the engineering manager, 1 coding task Leetcode medium level like
- Virtual on-site interview: 4 sessions, 45 mins each, that cover coding, system design, experience, and soft skills
During our sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn about company culture, meet engineers from your team and discuss distributed system problems. You will have time for all interesting questions and get transparency regarding your future responsibilities and the project.
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around how Sift handles the personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy