Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Sift helps to stop fraud before it happens. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Coinbase, Zillow, and Airbnb trust Sift to deliver an outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
Sift is a series E company with a valuation of $1.7 billion as a unicorn. In 2021, Sift acquired 2 startups: Chargeback and Keyless to extend the company's product portfolio. Sift was nominated as the Best Workplace in 2022.
Sift is a big data ML-based platform that processes 70B API requests per month, processes 1PB of data, and tens of thousands of transactions per second.
Sift mission: Help everyone trust the Internet.
The Console Platform bridges the gap between our machine learning at scale and our customers' needs. By combining a strong sense of what is right for the customer with knowledge of big data and distributed systems, we provide a seamless way for our customers to make decisions, learn insights and navigate the ever-changing world of fraud fighting without needing to understand the complex technology underneath. That means creating a web application that distills complex ML signals, automation tools running on a highly-available multi-service architecture, and providing customer-facing analytics tooling to make endless streams of data understandable, actionable and usable.
Our R&D team consists of over 100 engineers and 30+ of them are based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The console team has 4 engineers in Ukraine and we are looking for BE expert to join our team.
- Java 11
Other Sift Components Tech stack - AWS, Python 3, Apache Airflow, Athena, Snowflake, BigQuery, Ruby, RoR, FE: React.js
We use Scrum and 2 weeks sprints.
Opportunities for you:
- Professional growth: quarterly Growth Cycles instead of performance review;
- Experience: knowledge sharing through biweekly Tech Talks sessions. You will learn how to build projects that handle petabytes of data and have small latency and high fault tolerance;
- Business trips and the annual Sift Summit, in 2022 Summit takes place in California;
- Hybrid work approach: you can choose where you work better remotely or in the office.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience building distributed backend systems using Java;
- 3+ years experience designing/delivering highly-available services;
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Experience working in Java;
- Experience with RESTful services, API design, and web technologies;
- Experience with data pipelines;
- Strong communication & collaboration skills - a team-first, product-first mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain an API platform in which engineers can contribute and build upon;
- Partner with product management to help scope and shape project requirements;
- Implement engineering solutions to address complex customer needs at scale;
- Collaborate with other engineers within the Console Platform team as well as across other engineering teams;
- Help evolve and improve our engineering practices.
Benefits and Perks:
- A compensation package that consists of financial compensation, a biannual 5% bonus, and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 50$ for sports and wellness
- Education reimbursement: books, education courses, conferences
- Flexible time off: we follow an unlimited vacation approach
- Tuned work schedule to Kyiv timezone despite US offices location: biweekly demo sessions are optional for our team and we watch them from recording.
- Mental Health Days: additional 4 day-offs
- English courses and social activities inside the company that allow improving your public speaking and language
We follow the same process for all teams, technical interview consists of 2 parts:
- 45 min technical phone interview with the engineering manager, 1 coding task Leetcode medium level like.
- Virtual on-site interview: 4 sessions, 45 mins each, that cover coding, system design, experience, and soft skills.
During our sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn about company culture, meet engineers from your team and discuss distributed system problems. You will have time for all interesting questions and get transparency regarding your future responsibilities and the project.
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy